Thank you Gophers

Gophers7633

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been said or not, as I didn't read through the game thread, but, obviously this season didn't go according to plan, especially after the great start to the season. I, much like everyone else, am disappointed that we didn't advance, or make the NCAA tournament. However, I think it's worth noting and thanking the Gophers' players for all that they sacrificed this season. If you would have told me at the beginning of the year, that we would be able to watch them play 29 games, I would have said you were crazy. It would have been really easy, especially towards the end to not do the proper protocols, but they still stayed true to the plan and for that I respect the hell out of this team.

Not sure if this has been said or not, as I didn't read through the game thread, but, obviously this season didn't go according to plan, especially after the great start to the season. I, much like everyone else, am disappointed that we didn't advance, or make the NCAA tournament. However, I think it's worth noting and thanking the Gophers' players for all that they sacrificed this season. If you would have told me at the beginning of the year, that we would be able to watch them play 29 games, I would have said you were crazy. It would have been really easy, especially towards the end to not do the proper protocols, but they still stayed true to the plan and for that I respect the hell out of this team.
Hear Him, Hear Him.

Well said. We did have some nice highs. We beat the number 1,3,4 and 5 teams in the conference this year. Without looking it up, I doubt that has happened for us in decades.

I love these guys and cheered for the best for them. Coach Pitino did a nice job to keep them together, even as things crumbled in various ways. There'll be bittersweet memories of this season, but all these guys have my respect and affection.

Let's never forget how special Marcus Carr was this year.

Nice job, Gophers7633.

As frustrating as it ultimately became, I also appreciated this season very much and all the hard work the guys put into it. The pandemic made this an extraordinarily difficult year for college athletics, and our staff and players deserve massive kudos for all the sacrifices they made in safely working their way through all that. That cannot have been easy.

Anyway, they should be proud, and I am very proud of them.

Go Gophers!

Let's never forget how special Marcus Carr was this year.

Yes!

And Liam Robbins, wow. I figured coming in he'd help, but in a conference so loaded with quality bigs, in NO way did I see him becoming amongst the best of them, but when he was fully healthy and right, he was right up there with Garza and Cockburn and Trevion Williams. What a revelation he was.

And perhaps my favorite player on the team, Brandon Johnson. Good God does that kid fricken ball. Game in and game out, he may have been the team's hardest working player, always scrapping, throwing his body around, rebounding the ball, he was just wonderful. A true junkyard dog on the court, I absolutely love that player and how he played for us this season.

Yes the season had some real highs and lows (wish the highs would have been later and stretched until early April). Tonight they couldn't buy a bucket early and could have easily have given up but they really battled hard. It was a fun team to root for with some new faces.

Well said. And with the somewhat understandable exception of the Illinois game, they kept fighting, even during the disappointing finish.

Top Bottom