Texas still just as arrogant

upnorthkid

Reaction score

do we think Sark is still employed there by the time they make the jump?

Texas might end up being the poster boy for moving into a 'too competitive' conference and killing their brand. Maybe ...

Texas might end up being the poster boy for moving into a 'too competitive' conference and killing their brand. Maybe ...
Let me know when Texas has won as many National titles as we have and we can discuss their “brand”

all joking aside, they’re a perennially hyped team just like Nebraska who’s fans still live in decades past

Let me know when Texas has won as many National titles as we have and we can discuss their “brand”

all joking aside, they’re a perennially hyped team just like Nebraska who’s fans still live in decades past
To some extent.

But Texas on their more recent downstreaks... their stadium has been really EMPTY. Neb... folks would show up. Not Texas.

Except 1975-2010 Nebraska is much more successful than 1975-2010 Texas

I thought that was Nebraska.
Not yet.

Although I think generally even Neb expects they 'should' be better than they are ... not so much that B1G was always that much better ... just Neb really not gud last few decades.

Texas isn't as good as they have been, but if they get REALLY pounded for a few years ... narrative may be that going to the SEC was a bad call.

Not yet.

Although I think generally even Neb expects they 'should' be better than they are ... not so much that B1G was always that much better ... just Neb really not gud last few decades.

Texas isn't as good as they have been, but if they get REALLY pounded for a few years ... narrative may be that going to the SEC was a bad call.
I so want A & M to be ahead of them in the standings and beat them head-to-head, hopefully this reboots that rivalry and Texas and Okie need to play every year - no exceptions.

They are going to get scalped in the SEC. At least they have wagons. Nebraska doesn't.

To some extent.

But Texas on their more recent downstreaks... their stadium has been really EMPTY. Neb... folks would show up. Not Texas.

Austin is increasingly becoming a city of transplants from the coasts and midwest. It's developed a lot as a corporate hub in the last 20 years. UT probably has more ticket-holders with money and fickle, later-in-life, 2nd-favorite-team allegiance than it used to. It's probably taking on some of the fan dynamics of baseball in Florida, or football in LA.

texas hasn't be relevant in the Big XII in years, so I don't know why they think they can
move to the SEC and rule that conference. I live in texas and their motto is always
"Next Year". Good luck with that in the SEC. They live in the past, deny the present, and hope
the future gets better. Go Gophers and Row the Boat. Love me some Gopher football.

texas hasn't be relevant in the Big XII in years, so I don't know why they think they can
move to the SEC and rule that conference. I live in texas and their motto is always
"Next Year". Good luck with that in the SEC. They live in the past, deny the present, and hope
the future gets better. Go Gophers and Row the Boat. Love me some Gopher football.
Their boosters wield a lot of money and influence and can get a coach fired.

Texas still just as IGNORANT

I'm rooting for Sark. The guy's had some rough years but he seems on the right path.

I also like it when Texas is good. I'm a little sick of OU

I'm rooting for Sark. The guy's had some rough years but he seems on the right path.

I also like it when Texas is good. I'm a little sick of OU
I agree. A lot of teams I like are because of teams I hate. I like Ohio State because I hate Michigan, I like North Carolina because I hate Duke (well it started in the Dean Smith years not the latest cheating years). But for some reason I have always hated oklahoma. I make fun of Texas failure lately, but I always want them to beat Oklahoma. Also goes back to the Nebraska Big 8 days.

I agree. A lot of teams I like are because of teams I hate. I like Ohio State because I hate Michigan, I like North Carolina because I hate Duke (well it started in the Dean Smith years not the latest cheating years). But for some reason I have always hated oklahoma. I make fun of Texas failure lately, but I always want them to beat Oklahoma. Also goes back to the Nebraska Big 8 days.

Yeah I'm just sick of them at the moment. I really enjoyed the run they had with Mike Leach and Josh Huepel. Stoops seems like an awesome dude.

But lately, it's been all about their QB's. I don't like that they had a kid named Landry Jones. I didn't like Mayfield. I certianly don't like this Rattler fella...it's just something about his look

Austin is a boom town right now. I've been in Austin the past two weeks now remodeling a house we bought. Pretty much everyone I've spoken with in our neighborhood is "new to Austin" -- meaning they've been here less than a couple of years. Construction and house renovations are happening everywhere. Where I'm at (about a mile from UT campus), about 20% of the homes are going under major upgrades, basically, tear-downs with one brick left so they can get around zoning and call them a remodeling vs new construction.

Top Bottom