Texas Safety Earl Thomas turns pro

AhliBobwa

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12

'With Thomas leaving, sophomore Nolan Brewster could move into the starting job when spring practice begins for the Longhorns late next month.

A more likely scenario might be to move Blake Gideon to the tight safety position to make room for game-breaking defensive back Christian Scott at Gideon’s current position at free safety.

Scott was giving Gideon a serious challenge in fall camp this year before he was academically suspended. His ferocious hits would provide an intimidating presence to the secondary that was missing this year.'

Sounds like next year Brewster will essentially remain in the same position he is this year--playing nickel back and special teams for a National Title contender. I certainly wouldn't criticize Brewster for his decision to play for Texas. I'm sure he's very happy where he is.

However, there was a part of me hoping that a Texas victory in the National Title game would cause Brewster to take on a new challenge, and finish his career playing for a team led by Tim Brewster and an experienced MQ Gray.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12

'With Thomas leaving, sophomore Nolan Brewster could move into the starting job when spring practice begins for the Longhorns late next month.

A more likely scenario might be to move Blake Gideon to the tight safety position to make room for game-breaking defensive back Christian Scott at Gideon’s current position at free safety.

Scott was giving Gideon a serious challenge in fall camp this year before he was academically suspended. His ferocious hits would provide an intimidating presence to the secondary that was missing this year.'

Sounds like next year Brewster will essentially remain in the same position he is this year--playing nickel back and special teams for a National Title contender. I certainly wouldn't criticize Brewster for his decision to play for Texas. I'm sure he's very happy where he is.

However, there was a part of me hoping that a Texas victory in the National Title game would cause Brewster to take on a new challenge, and finish his career playing for a team led by Tim Brewster and an experienced MQ Gray.[/QUOTE]
Your are talking about Nolan Brewster transferring to MN??? Are you ill?

Nolan Brewster hasn't played one single down at nickel back at Texas.

Brewster, Nolan_____13 GP.....23 total tackles.....2 TFL....1 INT

[
Your are talking about Nolan Brewster transferring to MN??? Are you ill?

Clearly you missed the part where I said it was wishful thinking and that I'm sure Nolan is happy where he is. You should read, then respond. You forgot the first part of that equation.

Top Bottom