TCU WR JD Spielman has decided to retire from the game, Gary Patterson said.

Looks like he played a little this year but not all that much. Wonder if it is physical or mental or a combination of both.

Figured he’d be a can’t miss transfer. I realize there are injuries involved but still surprised things didn’t pan out for him at TCU.

Tough for him to go out like this. I would think he would have a nice future in the NFL somewhere. Not sure what he would excel at though. I wish him nothing but the best however. Kill messed him up not to play with the Gophers.

I wonder if he goes into coaching/front office? He can obviously jumpstart that quickly.

He will still get drafted in the 7th round by the Vikings under the guise of we may use him as a returner.
If he would have transferred to the Goohers we’d all want to see this happens, but now it would be terrible,

Figured he’d be a can’t miss transfer. I realize there are injuries involved but still surprised things didn’t pan out for him at TCU.
It's tough to come in as an outsider WR. The stablished WRs have the experience and the trust of the QB. If he was a Year 2 transfer, he would have been in a much better situation.

Tough for him to go out like this. I would think he would have a nice future in the NFL somewhere. Not sure what he would excel at though. I wish him nothing but the best however. Kill messed him up not to play with the Gophers.
He isn't an NFL level receiver. Maybe returning punts, but thats such a niche thing.

Meaning a job within the front office somewhere. I should have clarified that.
I bet I know where "somewhere" is unless the Vikings have the type of season where Zyg decides to clean house--G.M., head coach, and offspring of coaches.

I bet I know where "somewhere" is unless the Vikings have the type of season where Zyg decides to clean house--G.M., head coach, and offspring of coaches.
Don't forget Uncle Chris.

Top Bottom