TCU vs. Texas

AhliBobwa

Reaction score
So I've done my best to watch these two teams throughout the year on a few different occasions and I firmly believe TCU is superior to Texas (just as Utah was superior to Oklahoma last year). TCU has a great athletic defense, and a QB who throws the prettiest and most accurate ball this side of Dan LeFevour. They have all the playmakers and are far more consistent than Texas, not to mention the fact that Texas didn't beat anyone good in their non-conference schedule and has often struggled in a Big 12 that is far weaker than it has been in years past. Wins over Utah, BYU, and Clemson are as good or better than any 3 wins by Texas.

Also, Cincinatti is elminated from this discussion by virtue of their terribly porous laughably bad Big East D.

Thoughts?

My Thoughts?? Next week Texas should play TCU.....and Cincinnati should play Boise St....

Then the winners play each other the next week. Winner of all that gets Alabama.

An undefeated team should always get a shot at the National Championship. Always.

My Thoughts?? Next week Texas should play TCU.....and Cincinnati should play Boise St....

Then the winners play each other the next week. Winner of all that gets Alabama.

An undefeated team should always get a shot at the National Championship. Always.

While going undefeated is always a great accomplishment, saying an undefeated team should ALWAYS get a shot for the national title come 100% absurd. Some of these teams from the smaller conferences just don't play the same level of competition as the big schools, but they should still get a shot a the national title?

I would argue playing in any of the 4 major conferences (ACC/B10/B12/SEC) presents a significantly more difficult schedule. I would pretty much guarantee that if you take Boise/TCU/Cincy and put them in one of the 4 above mentioned conferences, they would not be undefeated right now and this would be a moot point.

I would also argue that Miami going 9-3, Iowa going 10-2, PSU going 10-2, Florida going 12-1, etc. is much more impressive than either Boise/Cincy/TCU going undefeated. Boise probably has the best case of the 3 as they beat #7 Oregon. Who has Cincy/TCU beat this year? TCU beat 2 ranked teams all year (BYU and Utah), both small conference schools. Cincy beat 3 ranked teams (#15 Pitt, #21 South Florida, and #25 W.V.). Then take Oregon for example. They played 5 ranked teams (2 in the top 10) and went 10-2.

IMO, saying an undefeated team should automatically get a shot at the NC will only lead to teams scheduling cupcake non-conference games even more than they currently do.

If certain conferences have 0% chance of winning a National Championship even before they play their first game of the season, what is the point?? If certain conferences cant win it all, then they should be able to crown their own national champion for that particular level of football.

Two of your paragraphs begin with "I would argue...." wouldn't it be great to *gasp!!* NOT HAVE TO ARGUE about these things!!! Let them play the games.... then we will actually KNOW who is the champion. Like every other sport, college or pro.

If certain conferences have 0% chance of winning a National Championship even before they play their first game of the season, what is the point?? If certain conferences cant win it all, then they should be able to crown their own national champion for that particular level of football.

Two of your paragraphs begin with "I would argue...." wouldn't it be great to *gasp!!* NOT HAVE TO ARGUE about these things!!! Let them play the games.... then we will actually KNOW who is the champion. Like every other sport, college or pro.

I never once said I agreed with the current status quo, did I? There's no point in bitching about something that isn't going to change any time in the near future is there? There's far too much $$$$ involved with the BCS to expect anything to change right now. I fully support the idea of an NCAA playoff, the only problem lies in who makes that playoff?

I never once said I agreed with the current status quo, did I? There's no point in bitching about something that isn't going to change any time in the near future is there? There's far too much $$$$ involved with the BCS to expect anything to change right now. I fully support the idea of an NCAA playoff, the only problem lies in who makes that playoff?

Okay Okay!! Fair Enough!! :)

You asked "Who makes that playoff?" My answer is that the undefeated teams at least should get in because who knows how good they are. After that, we can fill in with the one and two loss big conference teams.

Top Bottom