TCU CB Jai’Onte’ McMillon Commits

Looks like mainly a depth move

Tune in tomorrow for Monday's commitment.

Former walk-on at TCU, depth piece sounds about right.

Wow. How is this level of recruit helping anything??

Foundations...crumbling.

Last edited:

Could be a philosophical difference.
Tough to see how you can have such a difference, yet want him to stay.

Or just wanting a fresh start.
This is something you say when it isn't working out where you're at.

It's fine, we can agree to disagree. I hope I'm wrong and this guy becomes our starter, and blows us all away.

Tough to see how you can have such a difference, yet want him to stay.

This is something you say when it isn't working out where you're at.

It's fine, we can agree to disagree. I hope I'm wrong and this guy becomes our starter, and blows us all away.
It could be that TCU still wanted him but he feels like he could be more successful in a different system.

Not every addition has to be for a starter. If the secondary is relatively healthy, I’m guessing he isn’t a starter.

Tied for the team lead in special teams tackles for TCU last season when they made the CFP. Interesting that he was able to get on the field for a few games as a true freshman walk on during the COVID season. His game logs from this year don't show him playing in November (per ESPN) so I wonder if he had an injury? I didn't see any evidence of any other big schools offering him which is concerning. The stuff I read about him as a transfer from the TCU side described him as a "depth piece". I am glad we got the Bucknell CB to start opposite Walley and hope one or more of the younger cb's (ex Tariq Watson) will be ready to step up behind them so a player like McMillon can play a similar role here to the one he played at TCU.

Tied for the team lead in special teams tackles for TCU last season when they made the CFP. Interesting that he was able to get on the field for a few games as a true freshman walk on during the COVID season. His game logs from this year don't show him playing in November (per ESPN) so I wonder if he had an injury? I didn't see any evidence of any other big schools offering him which is concerning. The stuff I read about him as a transfer from the TCU side described him as a "depth piece". I am glad we got the Bucknell CB to start opposite Walley and hope one or more of the younger cb's (ex Tariq Watson) will be ready to step up behind them so a player like McMillon can play a similar role here to the one he played at TCU.

Maybe your first line about ST... Gophers had ST issues...

Experience at DB is worth something.

Maybe your first line about ST... Gophers had ST issues...

Experience at DB is worth something.
Coaches may very well feel they have the starters set at CB and are looking for experienced depth pieces who can come in and help on ST and be an option if needed on defense.

Just like all recruits are not going to end up being star players, not all transfers are brought in to be starters. Sometimes they are brought in to bolster depth and be role players as well.

Top Bottom