Tarkanian: says the NCAA is "the crookedest organization in our society"

Funny, but for some reason I believe him too.

I really wish that the big revenue sports of the NCAA would come to grips with what they really are and not pretend that there are only a few bad apples. Of course Tarkanian obviously has an axe to grind, so what he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

He has a book out that basically makes this premise for several hundred pages. It is a quick read that has some interesting recruiting stories included.

Although the NCAA is completely and totally crooked, I'm not sure I would rate them as the "crookedest" instituion in the country. There are plenty of others that more than give the NCAA a run for their money in that regard.

He has a book out that basically makes this premise for several hundred pages. It is a quick read that has some interesting recruiting stories included.

It's called "Runnin' Rebel" and is an excellent read. My favorite line in the book is about Sam Bowie being recruited by Kentucky in 1979, "If he's drivin' a Cadillac, he's goin' to Kentucky, not UNLV."

Congress, Habitat for Humanity, United Way, and the NCAA.

Jose Canseco has more credibility than the Tark the Shark.

Tark had the funniest line I ever heard from a D1 coach of any sport. Billy Packer (I think) told him that Dale Brown (the opponents LSU's head coach that day) had commented that he never had a player, black or white that he wouldn't have been proud to have been dating his daughter.

Tarkanian never lost a beat when he told him that he never had a player, black or white, that he would even let into his neighborhood. Packer almost peed his pants.

After what the NCAA recently did to Gopher Wrestler Jake Diectler, it's hard to say he's wrong.

After what the NCAA recently did to Gopher Wrestler Jake Diectler, it's hard to say he's wrong.

Intercollegiate athletics would be no different than professional boxing without the NCAA or a similar organization to make the rules and run it. No matter what decision the NCAA makes at least 50% of the people will be pissed off at them. The NCAA made the right call on Jake.

Top Bottom