Tanner Morgan is Underrated

He's playing like an average college QB. Underthrows some passes. Makes the wrong read a lot. Locks onto receivers. That's what average college QBs look like. I don't know why people think we could just throw in a replacement and get better.

Last year he was way above average. Hopefully he gets back to that, but it's not like having him out there is a disadvantage.

How many passes of 20+ yards tonight? 7? Had some very pretty throws tonight.

Thanks everyone for posting - I thought he go piled on last week - so nice to see him and the offense looking sharper today - step in the right direction, I hope.

We've lost so many game in arsine ways, it was nice for us to beon the right end for once.

Last edited:

He definitely looked better.

I'm a Tigger by nature, life is more fun when you're optimistic in my experience and opinion.
I'm looking forward to see how he finishes out the rest of this season - as I think sometimes in sports/life you just need break to go your way, to put a little pep in your step.

The offense looked much more like last season's version. They stopped force-feeding Bateman and instead asked Tanner to find single coverage and throw to it -- even if there wasn't much separation as was the case for CAB's two long balls, Green's catch, Bateman's long ball, etc. They also mixed up run and pass much better early in the game despite having success running it for over 5 ypc. They used play action, threw short to RB's and TE's, threw on 1st and 2nd down, etc. Credit where it's due. Sanford sucked last week. The gameplan last night was excellent.

Top Bottom