Tanner Morgan injury watch thread

Glad the coaches are being careful on this. Tanner will be missed and I am hoping we see a good offensive approach that gives young Athan or Kramer a chance to win. Hoping the team can play a good game tonight.

Exactly it’s a a football game and he’s a young dude with a wile lot of Living to do

FWIW, Gaard and Grimm were talking on the pre-game show on the radio and they made it sound as if there was a good chance that Morgan would be able to play against Rutgers.

also, looks like Clifford is good to go for PSU. Grimm said Clifford was warming up with the Starters.

The coaches will go with the medical staff report.

I know it's a Morgan thread, but what about Striggow. He was holding his shoulder or something and it did not look good.

I know it's a Morgan thread, but what about Striggow. He was holding his shoulder or something and it did not look good.
MSM, Stephens-Brown also were dinged but both returned. Anyone else?

In his first injury, we had a little bit of info that afternoon/evening.

I hate just speculating about Morgan, but I am going to anyway. While watching the game live, as he and Fleck were heading to the locker, I noticed he was having a lot of trouble as though he was baffled with putting his mouth guard, onto the top of his facemask. He looked out of sorts.

Fleck to the sideline interviewer and in postgame said the Medical Staff noticed something and ruled him out. He repeated that in the post game radio interview. So dime store medical diagnosis, another concussion. I don't think the doctors just randomly point out something physical.

Wasn't he also concussed in Iowa City 2019? That one he made it back the next week to play Northwestern.

Once you have a concussion do you run the risk of recurring ones if you are allowed to play too soon? You always worry about life-long consequences.

If it was a concussion, his second this year and third overall, he'll not play Saturday and may be out for the season. NCAA has a loose rule about three concussions.

If Morgan isn’t going to play for a while:

1. He should remain “questionable” indefinitely, throw some balls around pregame.

2. I would like him to get in on a play later in the year. Would not want him to go out like this.

I hate just speculating about Morgan, but I am going to anyway. While watching the game live, as he and Fleck were heading to the locker, I noticed he was having a lot of trouble as though he was baffled with putting his mouth guard, onto the top of his facemask. He looked out of sorts.

Fleck to the sideline interviewer and in postgame said the Medical Staff noticed something and ruled him out. He repeated that in the post game radio interview. So dime store medical diagnosis, another concussion. I don't think the doctors just randomly point out something physical.

Wasn't he also concussed in Iowa City 2019? That one he made it back the next week to play Northwestern.
Eye test said concussion. Only thing it could’ve been other than concussion was torso or neck. It wasn’t limb

If it was neck, they’ll treat that like a concussion too.

If it was anything other than rib/sternum I speculate he is available for Iowa at the earliest

Fleck does not have to tell the fans or media anything - so he won't.

We'll know who's starting at about 2:10pm on Saturday - and not a moment before.

on hungan's question - I am no doctor, but covered a lot of concussion issues in my former job.
It still goes back to the protocols and passing the various tests. the tricky thing is that every athlete is a unique situation - some respond/recover better and sooner than others.

so for some, a 2nd concussion in the same season could have a cumulative impact, making for a longer recovery, but it really is different for different players.

I covered kids who would get a concussion and be fine a week later. I also covered kids who got a concussion and were out for weeks or months. you just don't know for sure how anyone is going to respond until they go through it.

I went to the game. I concur with prior posts describing pre-halftime. On the last hit before the half, he appeared wobbly and a lineman guided him to get to the sideline. I did not see him on the sidelines during the second half so either he stayed in the locker room the entire second half or they quietly sent him to the hospital for additional testing.

It is not just concussion that is a worry. What about the long-term neural impact later on in life?

Some of us with Long Covid are finding out about neuromuscular issues of constant pain and cranial-cervical instability.

Top Bottom