Tanner Morgan and Mo Ibrahim Press Conference

Well I guess that means TM and MI are not covid sit outs for the Michigan game! You wouldn't have them do a gameweek presser if they had to sit out, just to throw off the other team .... would you??

Well I guess that means TM and MI are not covid sit outs for the Michigan game! You wouldn't have them do a gameweek presser if they had to sit out, just to throw off the other team .... would you??

WOULD YOU?

There will be 1 significant guy out, not like a top 5 guy but a rotation guy. Michigan may have more issues than us, who knows.

Great point. They wouldn't even be in the facility doing a presser if they were infected. They'd be in their apartments, quarantined.

Anxiously waiting for this game. So much uncertainty going on. Can't wait!

The eyes on B1G podcast was hinting at several Gophers being potential opt outs or MIA players for the first game or beyond. They suggested Ibrahim as one of them. So, sitting here completely powerless to affect any of this, at least I can mark that name off the list.

Where was covid when we needed it during the Jerry kill days?

How do they decide who cannot play due to COVID? Who does the testing, how often is it done, and if they do have COVID, what the rules for the timeframe as to when they can return?

How do they decide who cannot play due to COVID? Who does the testing, how often is it done, and if they do have COVID, what the rules for the timeframe as to when they can return?
This has been discussed many times in different threads. They test daily, if you test positive you are out for 3 weeks minimum. If you came into contact with someone who tested positive but are negative you are out for 2 weeks minimum.

Furthermore if the total percentage of positive tests hits a certain value all team activities must stop including games, until the team falls below that percentage again.

This has been discussed many times in different threads. They test daily, if you test positive you are out for 3 weeks minimum. If you came into contact with someone who tested positive but are negative you are out for 2 weeks minimum.

Furthermore if the total percentage of positive tests hits a certain value all team activities must stop including games, until the team falls below that percentage again.
Pulled from: https://bigten.org/news/2020/9/16/t...ball-season-to-resume-october-23-24-2020.aspx

The Big Ten will require student-athletes, coaches, trainers and other individuals that are on the field for all practices and games to undergo daily antigen testing. Test results must be completed and recorded prior to each practice or game. Student-athletes who test positive for the coronavirus through point of contact (POC) daily testing would require a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test to confirm the result of the POC test.
All COVID-19 positive student-athletes will have to undergo comprehensive cardiac testing to include labs and biomarkers, ECG, Echocardiogram and a Cardiac MRI. Following cardiac evaluation, student-athletes must receive clearance from a cardiologist designated by the university for the primary purpose of cardiac clearance for COVID-19 positive student-athletes. The earliest a student-athlete can return to game competition is 21 days following a COVID-19 positive diagnosis.
The Big Ten Conference will use data provided by each Chief Infection Officer (CInO) to make decisions about the continuation of practice and competition, as determined by team positivity rate and population positivity rate, based on a seven-day rolling average:
  • Team positivity rate (number of positive tests divided by total number of tests administered):
    • Green 0-2%
    • Orange 2-5%
    • Red >5%
  • Population positivity rate (number of positive individuals divided by total population at risk):
    • Green 0-3.5%
    • Orange 3.5-7.5%
    • Red >7.5%
Decisions to alter or halt practice and competition will be based on the following scenarios:
  • Green/Green and Green/Orange: Team continues with normal practice and competition.
  • Orange/Orange and Orange/Red: Team must proceed with caution and enhance COVID-19 prevention (alter practice and meeting schedule, consider viability of continuing with scheduled competition).
  • Red/Red: Team must stop regular practice and competition for a minimum of seven days and reassess metrics until improved.

Only thing I can't find information on is contact tracing protocols, so those may be handled on a school by school basis.

Bolded: is this your assumption, or behind paywall info? If Burns is in the room with you, just cough into the phone.

Haha, just an assumption. I think significant means a guy who would play, so a starter, top depth or special teamer. I trust no one more than I trust PJ Fleck to handle this all. His players buy in to what he says so they will follow protocols. Its unavoidable at times but overall I think he'll be successful in managing this, his team and that will lead to another good season.

Top Bottom