Tanner dealing with his father's death.

Mulligan

Reaction score
Part of a powerful Scoggins story:

"Morgan will be in Indianapolis on Thursday representing the Gophers at Big Ten media days, an annual kickoff to the college football season. He goes there after losing his father last week.

Ted was first diagnosed with a brain tumor in spring 2020 and had surgery to remove it at Mayo Clinic. His recovery and scans had been encouraging to doctors, but the tumor returned this spring and his condition deteriorated rapidly.

Ted never wanted to know how much time he had left – even when doctors told the rest of his family — because he felt at peace in his faith. That's the lesson that Morgan holds dear and intends to share anytime he talks about his dad
."

I would think it would feel strange to know that you only have a few days, few weeks or whatever left on earth. I've never been in that position to know what it would feel like. No doubt Ted is a spiritual guy who inspired his friends and family to live the same.

I would think it would feel strange to know that you only have a few days, few weeks or whatever left on earth. I've never been in that position to know what it would feel like. No doubt Ted is a spiritual guy who inspired his friends and family to live the same.
It would be really tough. If you ever want to cry for 2 hours, watch the movie "Clouds" about Zach Sobiech (local kid that had a brain tumor and died young). I can't imagine what it's like to go through that as a family.

It would be really tough. If you ever want to cry for 2 hours, watch the movie "Clouds" about Zach Sobiech (local kid that had a brain tumor and died young). I can't imagine what it's like to go through that as a family.
My sister-in-law died from an inoperable brain tumor only a few years after her husband (my brother) died from a heart attack. Both were in their 40s. You just get up and deal with the day. Her faith sustained her as well. The struggle is with those left behind. Her two sons have dealt with grief differently. The oldest is an addict. The youngest is growing in faith and has married. Even though Tanner had a great mentor in his dad, it will be important that he grieves in a healthy way. He may put too much pressure on himself to "win for his dad" and when that first loss comes, that may be really hard. He needs support.

My sister-in-law died from an inoperable brain tumor only a few years after her husband (my brother) died from a heart attack. Both were in their 40s. You just get up and deal with the day. Her faith sustained her as well. The struggle is with those left behind. Her two sons have dealt with grief differently. The oldest is an addict. The youngest is growing in faith and has married. Even though Tanner had a great mentor in his dad, it will be important that he grieves in a healthy way. He may put too much pressure on himself to "win for his dad" and when that first loss comes, that may be really hard. He needs support.
Sorry for your family's losses. For Tanner, it sounds like he's got a strong family and faith so I think he's going to pull through just fine.

Sorry for your family's losses. For Tanner, it sounds like he's got a strong family and faith so I think he's going to pull through just fine.
I agree, but he will still need counseling and support with grief. Many people who seem strong on the outside are still dealing with depression and scars that no one else is seeing. Don't think that Tanner is impervious just because he has faith. He needs some great support around him.

Top Bottom