Tailgating Question

MNfootballfan

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions, and I've been looking online all morning but figure I better get to work now. Hopefully one of you will have an answer for me.

1) Where can I buy a 9x9 Gopher tailgating tent? I've been thinking about getting one for a while, but haven't seen any in stores. Is my best bet to buy online? Won't help me on Saturday, but in the future... Is there any stores that carry Minnesota Gopher tents?

2) Has anyone done a breakfast buffet tailgating on the grill? We're thinking about doing french toast, pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, and eggs. Any other things to add?

Thanks!

On your first question, I haven't seen a Gopher tailgating tent for sale locally for a long time and I look pretty much every fall. The last time I saw one, it was a display model on clearance at Gander Mountain in Eden Prairie and my friend bought it. I don't think they sell them any more. I also think I saw one at the Goldy's Locker Room store once but it was way too much money compared I've seen them for on the internet. I haven't pulled the trigger on getting one online but I think it will be on my Christmas list this year.

If you find one locally, let me know. I have to believe if a local store stocked them each fall they would have no trouble selling them. It seems like every year there are at least a handful of posts on here from people looking for one.

Maybe that is where I was thinking of. What a rip off. You can get the same exact one online for about $100 less.

I should have noted that you can probably find them cheaper elsewhere, but in the Bookstore on campus is the only place I've seen them readily available. Oh well.

We're thinking about doing french toast, pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, and eggs. Any other things to add?

You need to bring tortillas so that people can enjoy breakfast burritos, which are pretty much the best breakfast food invention ever.

You need to bring tortillas so that people can enjoy breakfast burritos, which are pretty much the best breakfast food invention ever.

I suck at finding old threads on here when I only vaguely remember certain posts. I do recall a thread that talked about tailgating favorites and I recall posts about bfast burritos. I am tailgating for the Wisky game (lot 36 if anyone wants a beer etc.) and I wanted to check on some of those ideas. Can anyone help me locate said thread?

1) You should be able to find logo'd tents online. But what I did was just go to Dick's & buy a maroon pop up canopy tent. No logo, about $100. You can get the corner weights also there. There comes kind of a current point where you weigh the cost & benefit of purchasing one thing over another (How much is one willing to buy Kraft Mac & Chesse over Target brand?). The cheapest I was finding a logo'd Minnesota tent was around $170. To me, I was fine with $70 more in my pocket but my tent missing an M on it.

2) Agree with dpodoll68: bring tortillas. I've done breakfast before. I thought pancakes got messy since you're dealing with batter, but you can probably just do a squeeze bottle or some other form to make it less messy. But get a bunch of eggs, crack 'em & scramble them. Bring the bacon & the other fixin's & tortillas make it easy. I'd still bring a pack of hot dogs & buns, but when you go breakfast, you can ease up on other stuff you bring like burgers & such. Tortillas rock.

Haven't tried this, but it looks interesting: Omelette in a bag

Use your grill to boil a pot of water, and drop these babies in. Read the reviews at the bottom to get some good tips.

Haven't tried this, but it looks interesting: Omelette in a bag

Use your grill to boil a pot of water, and drop these babies in. Read the reviews at the bottom to get some good tips.

Works well, nice thing is you can bring the fixings and everyone gets a custom breakfast- just remember to bring a Sharpie so people can write their names on the outside. Best part is that clean up is minimal, leaves more time for drinking!

For us, egg bake is the best in the AM, we can make it at home early, put it into hotpack and skip bringing the stove.

We have been doing this for years. Make sure to use freezer zip-lock bags and get all the air out of the bag. I have seen the warnings about the bags, but it is usually for the micro-wave. Have not seen them for boiling water. Still alive.

The most important thing is to bring lots of beer and everything else will take care of itself.

Top Bottom