Tackling

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
You can throw out all the other excuses. The fact is that the Gophers played pretty well overall yesterday. However ... they are lousy tacklers. Many times they don't break down before tackling and get juked out their jocks, they don't wrap their arms and their heads are behind the legs instead of across the front. Brewster is right ... they could be 4-0 ... only if he would teach and demand that they use proper tackling techniques. In my "some what overrated mind" this is their most obvious weakness.

I'm sorry but D-I football players should know how to tackle when they set foot on campus as Freshmen.

Absolutely no way, no how is this team even remotely close to being 5-0. The Twins are closer to being 161-0 than the Gophers are to 5-0 :cool02:

The old Philadelphia A's of 1953 were a few runs per game shy of winning the world series.

point being ...

Many years ago I played college football and we worked on tackling techniques almost every single practice. So if they aren't doing it correctly then some of that has to come back to the coaching staff. There have been a lot of first downs and offensive series extended because of poor tackling.

agree about the tackling, it was horrendous, then I watched the Iowa win and their tackling was textbook, even though their DC has been in the hopital for 3 weeks.

Top Bottom