Syracuse

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
During the past 3 or 4 years, Syracuse has been a joke of a program. Last year they hired a new coach. They are now ranked #27 by the AP voters and are still in the hunt for a BCS bowl game.

Have hope. Things can turn around - sometimes in a hurry.

During the past 3 or 4 years, Syracuse has been a joke of a program. Last year they hired a new coach. They are now ranked #27 by the AP voters and are still in the hunt for a BCS bowl game.

Good comparison. Robinson was a joke of a coach, and it showed with his team. He is still a joke of a coach.

Greg Robinson is still a joke to this day...ask any Michigan fan...

Wah? hunt for a BSC game? Are you kidding me? You need to be top 10 at the least.

The Big East is also terrible, remember that.

Great point. If MN was in the big east, I think our chances for a quick turn around would be a lot better. However, when you look at our conference competition and how we have performed this year, we have a lot tougher job turning this program around than Syracuse does. Maybe we should move to the big east, I bet we would look a lot better.

I didn't know the AP ranked past #25. I thought that was considered also receiving votes. Now I can't wait for the Gophers to crack the top #35 AP ranking with a new coach.

THE.

BIG.

EAST.

SUCKS.

Anyone can have a good year or two in the Big East or non-BCS league. It means almost nothing.

Syracuse has victories at South Florida, at West Virginia, and at Cincinnati this year. Do you really think the Gophers would have won those 3 games? I don't think MN fans are in any position to rip other teams or conferences right now.

Also, Syracuse turned their program around by hiring a guy with local ties that was a coordinator in the NFL. I think Frazier would be a good hire.

Syracuse has victories at South Florida, at West Virginia, and at Cincinnati this year. Do you really think the Gophers would have won those 3 games? I don't think MN fans are in any position to rip other teams or conferences right now.

Also, Syracuse turned their program around by hiring a guy with local ties that was a coordinator in the NFL. I think Frazier would be a good hire.

I don't know if they would have won, but I think they would have been competitive with a chance to win.

You can't be serious Silvio. You actually think we could go on the road and beat a team that was ranked in the top 25 with this year's team?

You must have some really dark maroon glasses!

Which of those teams are Top 25? The one victory for this team has been on the road. I would think that most people would agree the Northwestern and Syracuse are pretty similar and the gophers played NW pretty competitive.

West Virginia was ranked somewhere between #19 and #22 when Syracuse beat them on the road a few weeks ago. I'm sorry but there is no way MN could go on the road and beat a top 25 team this year. Don't you realize that we haven't beat a top 25 team in years? I don't think hanging close to NW (played at TCF) would mean MN and Syracuse are close to equal teams this year. MN beat Cuse last year but we took a big step back while Cuse has gone forward.

Which of those teams are Top 25? The one victory for this team has been on the road. I would think that most people would agree the Northwestern and Syracuse are pretty similar and the gophers played NW pretty competitive.

Syracuse was garbage last year & almost beat us...we're worse this year & they're *MUCH* better...it would be NIU all over again...

Top Bottom