Sure Hope Ben is Right

Yes, but that was a couple of weeks before four guys announced they were leaving.
But honestly , three of those guys were not playing a lot because he was, why care where they go, he’s going to get the minutes.

But honestly , three of those guys were not playing a lot because he was, why care where they go, he’s going to get the minutes.
My only point...things change...we all change our minds. Maybe he thought Payne was good and liked dishing to him. Maybe he was best friends with one the four. Maybe he doesn't think we'll be as good now. Maybe somebody offers him $100K.
Plenty of players guarantee they are 1000% committed and announce they are switching schools a week later when we don't see any occurrence signaling the reason. Four teammates leaving could be a factor...not saying it is...just saying it's not October either...everybody can change their mind.
People act like he can't leave .... like he couldn't change his mind....that's all. Hope he's a Gopher come December.

My only point...things change...we all change our minds. Maybe he thought Payne was good and liked dishing to him. Maybe he was best friends with one the four. Maybe he doesn't think we'll be as good now. Maybe somebody offers him $100K.
Plenty of players guarantee they are 1000% committed and announce they are switching schools a week later when we don't see any occurrence signaling the reason. Four teammates leaving could be a factor...not saying it is...just saying it's not October either...everybody can change their mind.
People act like he can't leave .... like he couldn't change his mind....that's all. Hope he's a Gopher come December.
I won’t feel super confident in who is staying until the portal closes. Even at that point, I think Garcia abd Hawkins are likely graduates and don’t need the portal to transfer.

Yes, but that was a couple of weeks before four guys announced they were leaving.
Guessing he wasn't surprised by who left. These guys are around each other all the time, I would be shocked to find out Hawkins didn't already have a very good idea of who was going to jump ship after the season.

I won’t feel super confident in who is staying until the portal closes. Even at that point, I think Garcia abd Hawkins are likely graduates and don’t need the portal to transfer.
I don't disagree with what you are saying but it is really a sad reflection on this current environment when a player can flat out say they are coming back and fans will still have doubts all the way up until the start of the next season.

I don't disagree with what you are saying but it is really a sad reflection on this current environment when a player can flat out say they are coming back and fans will still have doubts all the way up until the start of the next season.
Yep, I agree completely. We're also Gopher fans, I expect the worst.

Yep, I agree completely. We're also Gopher fans, I expect the worst.
Thankfully in this particular case with the portal we are not the only fanbase that has to suffer. I am sure there are similar conversations going on on message boards across the country.

Top Bottom