Summer rehash: Football coach PJ Fleck joins Paul Allen

hungan1

Reaction score
KFAN with Paul Allen, March 2, 2023.

KFAN with Paul Allen is a good listen

Paul Allen with his droning questions and trying to impress PJ with his knowledge of NFL players

Paul Allen is a terrible interviewer and host and I love the Vikings.

in my experience, PA (like some other Twin Cities radio and podcast personalities) just does not have a lot of interest in Gopher Sports. their level of knowledge about the Gophers is rudimentary - but they can discuss a 3rd-string Cornerback on the Vikings for a half-hour without taking a breath.

the only time they really notice the Gophers - in any sport - is if the team is doing really well - or is really struggling. (and that's when Mackey & Judd, Barreiro, etc really love to pile on.)

If I want actual information about the Gophers, I go to the Gopher Gridiron Podcast, Locked on Golden Gophers, and the Pair and a Spare Podcast in season.

in my experience, PA (like some other Twin Cities radio and podcast personalities) just does not have a lot of interest in Gopher Sports. their level of knowledge about the Gophers is rudimentary - but they can discuss a 3rd-string Cornerback on the Vikings for a half-hour without taking a breath.

the only time they really notice the Gophers - in any sport - is if the team is doing really well - or is really struggling. (and that's when Mackey & Judd, Barreiro, etc really love to pile on.)

If I want actual information about the Gophers, I go to the Gopher Gridiron Podcast, Locked on Golden Gophers, and the Pair and a Spare Podcast in season.
Barreiro has Mase and Nanne on regularly and they talk a lot about Gopher football and hockey during those seasons.

At least they know the Gophers have a pulse. Previously, they reported negative news about the Gophers.

With what PJ Fleck has done for the program, I think the local media are reporting more positive news.

The last so-called big negative scoop by Liz Collins (wife of former Minneapolis Police Federation President) of WCCO blew up when many former and current players come to the defense of PJ Fleck.

Gopher players defend PJ Fleck after WCCO-TV report

Last edited:

Allen is really hard to listen to. Doesn't matter what team he's talking about.

Barreiro has Mase and Nanne on regularly and they talk a lot about Gopher football and hockey during those seasons.
IMO, the difference is that Barreiro is a professional and he does research.

Paul Allen doesn't have any interest in college sports (he has admitted it) but he also doesn't have the professionalism to prepare for an interview.

At least they know the Gophers have a pulse. Previously, they reported negative news about the Gophers.

With what PJ Fleck has done for the program, I think the local media are reporting more positive news.

The last so-called big negative scoop by Liz Collins (wife of former Minneapolis Police Federation President) of WCCO blew up when many former and current players come to the defense of PJ Fleck.

Gopher players defend PJ Fleck after WCCO-TV report

Liz Collin 🤣, she's bumping that Aldean song on the regular.

Top Bottom