Student Tickets

good points disagree with your stance on the rule of law but o well its in the past...hope they do it like basketball games

Alright...for anyone of you who are saying that you can boot people from your seats if your ticket say that seat number, screw you...I've gotten into so many arguements over seats (most of them weren't even involving me just people around me) and it's straight annoying. It is literally <5% of people who actually demand they sit in their "assigned" seats, everyone else knows it's just a ticket to get into the game where you find the best seats they want to root on the gophers. If you have those seats and someone is sitting in them when you get there, that means you were off doing something else for a long time because otherwise you should technically be at the worst seat once you walk to your spot. I know I'm speaking for a vast majority when I say students don't care about assigned seats, I never sat in my assigned seat last year because it's bogus...To add to the love, when those who just booted someone out sit down and don't yell at all during the game is great...

Make the new stadium GA straight up...

I agree with what your saying - I'm totally again people kicking others out based on seat assignments. But my greater point was that, if you've been drinking and someone is going to take it up with an usher, you're going to lose. If I'm trying to enjoy the game, it's often faster to just defer to the letter of the law and find a new place to sit than to waste time arguing. If that person wants to be an asshole and has that seat, they're ultimately going to win when they bring security down anyway.

I'm totally with you on the GA in the new stadium. If you're there and a seat is open, it's yours.

Alright...for anyone of you who are saying that you can boot people from your seats if your ticket say that seat number, screw you...I've gotten into so many arguements over seats (most of them weren't even involving me just people around me) and it's straight annoying. It is literally <5% of people who actually demand they sit in their "assigned" seats, everyone else knows it's just a ticket to get into the game where you find the best seats they want to root on the gophers. If you have those seats and someone is sitting in them when you get there, that means you were off doing something else for a long time because otherwise you should technically be at the worst seat once you walk to your spot. I know I'm speaking for a vast majority when I say students don't care about assigned seats, I never sat in my assigned seat last year because it's bogus...To add to the love, when those who just booted someone out sit down and don't yell at all during the game is great...

Make the new stadium GA straight up...

+1

is there any word on whether you will need your student id to get into the games like at hockey or will it be like football and basketball have always been?? this would be very effective for getting fans from other schools out of the section.

In the daily today it says student tickets go on sale april 25th (saturday) at 7am online.

My plan is to get up a 6:30, load up a couple browsers so I can refresh a lot, get my tickets and then take a nap before the spring game!

I like how their solution to the problem. I feel good knowing I *should* get tickets.

is there any word on whether you will need your student id to get into the games like at hockey or will it be like football and basketball have always been?? this would be very effective for getting fans from other schools out of the section.

I agree 100% on this one. I hope they check for student IDs. This will keep other teams' fans out as well as those old people who wind up with student seats. Im not trying to be mean, but I sat behind this one older couple who brought their very young grandchildren (im talking like four and six years old) into the student section. Really put a damper on the game because then I felt bad slinging my usual obscenities at referees, opposing players, and such.

On another note, I think it would be nice if the student t-shirt is a longsleeve shirt in celebration of the fact that we should need more than shortsleeves on some gamedays... Hooray for weather!!!

I agree 100% on this one. I hope they check for student IDs. This will keep other teams' fans out as well as those old people who wind up with student seats. Im not trying to be mean, but I sat behind this one older couple who brought their very young grandchildren (im talking like four and six years old) into the student section. Really put a damper on the game because then I felt bad slinging my usual obscenities at referees, opposing players, and such.

i agree. i cant stand old people in the student section. they take the energy out of the place. i think it is worse for basketball when there is one old lady in the middle of the section wearing a green shirt.

From the daily today on the front page they had a story about student tickets. Tickets will cost $84 for students and go on sale online April 25th at 7 A.M. An email will be sent out the week of the 6th explaining the ticket situation.

Well, I would think having tickets go on sale on a Saturday at 7am will only help diehard fans stand a better shot at snapping up the tickets. :)

In the daily today it says student tickets go on sale april 25th (saturday) at 7am online.

My plan is to get up a 6:30, load up a couple browsers so I can refresh a lot, get my tickets and then take a nap before the spring game!

I like how their solution to the problem. I feel good knowing I *should* get tickets.

No point to that. Opening up multiple browsers wont do anything differently, especially if its ticketmaster, which will track your IP and use cookies.

The best thing to do is make sure your clock is set exactly to the atomic time, and then dont refresh, but click the "Find Tickets" on the event or sale that you are looking for the second it changes to 7AM. If you refresh a lot, you run the risk of being locked out.

Hey are you guys actually nervous about getting student seats? I dont really foresee any problem being one of the first 8,000 especially when it is at 7:00 on a saturday. Don't get me wrong i'll be on at 7:00 but having multiple browsers and getting on at 6:30?

Oh and first time, long time for this board

One problem about the day and time that they set this for is that is the saturday of spring jam

One problem about the day and time that they set this for is that is the saturday of spring jam

Yet another thing that plays in the favor of those hardy souls willing to be up at 7am for tickets.

Not Worried

The way I see it, last year students were able to get two season tickets and the student section didn't sell out. I heard there were over 1,000 student seats available. So if students can only buy one student ticket this year I'm pretty confident that I won't get snubbed.

Go Gophers!

did it say in the article if you are going to need a student i.d matching the name on the ticket? i forgot what the article said?

I don't know what the worry is. Yes, the demand will be up since we are moving to a new stadium and the casual fan may get tickets, but the student section was never 100% full last season and that allowed for two tickets to be bought each. With it starting for sale on April 25, I don't think there will be a ton of trouble to get tickets. There is no need to get up right at 7 am to get your tickets.

Top Bottom