Strong to Louisville

Well, there's goes our back-up guy.
Actually, I don't think they'd go with another coach with no head coaching experience as the back-up guy.

I think you file this under expected.

Maturi flat out named him in the Brewster/Kansas article.

ehhh...I think i'd rather have McCarney if I were going to go after a Florida defensive coach.

To be fair, the strong thing wasn't in quotes. I think that was fuller giving an example of a guy who might have been on Maturi's short list.

Just posted this in the another thread,....while I am still pretty neutral on Brewster, I would've loved to have Charlie Strong.

Charlie Strong was a finalist when we hired "Brew"...why would he ever give Minnesota a second chance, esp when we hired a guy that had never been a coordinator or a head coach? If I remember correctly, Strong was just coming off a national championship, but that did not make him good enough to coach at Minnesota...maybe he turned it down and we do not know that.

Based on some of the pictures I have seen of Strong, it looks like he throw on the pads and still go toe to toe with any college fb player. He also looks like a fb coach. I think that Louisville made a wise choice.

Based on some of the pictures I have seen of Strong, it looks like he throw on the pads and still go toe to toe with any college fb player. He also looks like a fb coach. I think that Louisville made a wise choice.

So maybe shirtless modeling was part of the interview process?

Top Bottom