Stripe Out for Saturday

pinky mingo

Reaction score
Did anybody else just get an email saying it's a stripe out for tjr game? My section is supposed to wear gold and of course, we have no gold for warm weather like we're gonna have. Is this legit?

Did anybody else just get an email saying it's a stripe out for tjr game? My section is supposed to wear gold and of course, we have no gold for warm weather like we're gonna have. Is this legit?

I'm guessing this won't work as well as last years stripe out game. One email reminder (this morning) is all I got as well. Gopher fans need way more than that.

I'm guessing this won't work as well as last years stripe out game. One email reminder (this morning) is all I got as well. Gopher fans need way more than that.
I’ve been getting emails mentioning it for MONTHS…

I wonder if they have accurately been emailing everyone.

Having said that I work with email notifications as part of my job. Notifying people of things via email is always hit or miss.

Do they not provide t-shirts? I didn’t think “[color] outs” worked all that well otherwise. I don’t think it’s going to look so great against a less interesting (not to say bad!) team after arguably the worst Gopher loss in a decade or more.

It just worked well for the opener for the gold out

Stripe out was pretty successful last year vs Purdue

This has been communicated multiple times since January. Hard to believe people are unaware. I've got numerous emails and it's on the gophersports.com site, Twitter and other media

I was underwhelmed by last years stripe out. The casual fans interest in the gophers just took a massive hit last weekend. I am worried about attendance numbers and stripe out awareness. Hopefully we will get a decent turnout because its homecoming and nice weather.

I only watched last year's on TV but from what I could tell it looked quite good. I think it was helped by three things, though. One, it was homecoming, two the Gophers were 4-0 and had outscored opponents 183-24, and three Minnesota was ranked.

I'm hoping it looks good again but not sure the hype is there to fill the stadium and have people inspired to do the striping.

I was underwhelmed by last years stripe out. The casual fans interest in the gophers just took a massive hit last weekend. I am worried about attendance numbers and stripe out awareness. Hopefully we will get a decent turnout because its homecoming and nice weather.
Were you... there?

It looked great....

Really? I thought it worked surprisingly well last year vs Purdue.

Read the title and thought our credit card processor (which is "Stripe") was going down on Saturday. Whew, glad it's just the Cajun's that are going down that day.

Agree with the consensus, the stripe out last year was great.

I’ve been getting emails mentioning it for MONTHS…

I wonder if they have accurately been emailing everyone.

Having said that I work with email notifications as part of my job. Notifying people of things via email is always hit or miss.
So... you are working at a 50% success rate?

I have received several reminders plus it has been listed on the website under promotions for over a month.

I was talking to my tailgate group (12) the other day and none of them knew about it. Some forgot and some just didn't know. They need constant reminders. Just saying... I assume many will be like them.

I was talking to my tailgate group (12) the other day and none of them knew about it. Some forgot and some just didn't know. They need constant reminders. Just saying... I assume many will be like them.
My neighbor who is a more casual fan and goes to maybe 1 game a year knew about it and even made a special trip to Scheel's to buy some gold gear. Might have to do with email lists, who is on social media, etc.

Top Bottom