STrib: With NBA Draft on hold, Gophers' Daniel Oturu remains patient with new process

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Oturu, a 6-foot-10 All-American center, is being patient with the process. He also is confident the time will come eventually when he’ll be the first Gopher drafted since Kris Humphries in 2004.

“I think once I get drafted that whole talk about the U don’t be putting players in the league will be over,” Oturu said. “Amir Coffey is in the league. Once I get drafted, I think that will be a big boost.”

Coffey went undrafted after leaving last year, but he has found solid footing with the Los Angeles Clippers after signing a two-way deal. Oturu, an All-Big Ten first-team sophomore last season, flew to Santa Barbara on Thursday to spend the rest of the summer preparing for the draft. He's being projected as high as the middle lottery or as low as the top of the second round.

"I think that people are starting to come around and starting to realize more things about me," he said. "Even though I had a great season, I felt like I think I was not as high profile as some other guys in the draft class. But I’m just continuing to work and to show NBA teams why I’m a first round talent.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom