STrib: Sophie Hart makes Impact

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Kent Youngblood:

"She has such a high basketball IQ,'' Plitzuweit said. For example: Hart's adjustment to the physical style Stony Brook played. She established better position as the game went on. When the double teams eventually came, she was able to kick the ball out.

"Her best days are in the future,'' Plitzuweit said.

So far the lefthanded drop step has been Hart's most consistent weapon. Interesting, considering she's right-handed. But she can counter with her right, and showed a nice turnaround jumper in the lane on Sunday.

Nice article. When she's in a groove she's unstoppable.

Sophie Hart: "It feels great I just trusted the process. I knew all the hard work would eventually pay off. I kept drilling moves, kept focusing on different ways to get better."

Tom Hart: "I've watched her start to find her rhythm," he said. "I've seen her adjust to the pace of the game that, in the early games, she was just getting used to. ... It's been great to watch her play like we know she can play."

Sounds like she's into the groove.

From Farmington (hometown MN) to NC State (kind of a standout select school for centers) to Minnesota Gophers. She has that ability to be unstoppable. She put up the points this last game.

1701225541515.png

17 pts, 8-of-13 FG, 3 BLKs

Crazy thing is she actually ended up hitting 13 shots in a row dating back to the UConn game. Excited to see her tonight against Norfolk State who's best player Kierra Wheeler, a Minneapolis, Minn., native (Robbinsdale Cooper HS). She plays primarily in the post and shoots 52 percent from the floor this season.

Nice article. When she's in a groove she's unstoppable.

Sophie Hart: "It feels great I just trusted the process. I knew all the hard work would eventually pay off. I kept drilling moves, kept focusing on different ways to get better."

Tom Hart: "I've watched her start to find her rhythm," he said. "I've seen her adjust to the pace of the game that, in the early games, she was just getting used to. ... It's been great to watch her play like we know she can play."

Sounds like she's into the groove.

From Farmington (hometown MN) to NC State (kind of a standout select school for centers) to Minnesota Gophers. She has that ability to be unstoppable. She put up the points this last game.

View attachment 28596

17 pts, 8-of-13 FG, 3 BLKs

Happy for Sophie and her family. She is getting asked to switch onto smaller faster players and really works hard to move with them on defense. I look forward to seeing a great year from her.

She has a very nice shooting touch in the paint. The left handed jump hooks 5-7 feet out against Drake were a thing of beauty. That is a difficult shot to for anyone to defend. She made it look easy.

Top Bottom