STrib: Seth Green relishing his position changes with Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

Seth Green is the Gophers football team's resident nomad.

Ever since he joined, flipping his commitment from Oregon before enrolling in 2016, the Woodbury native has pilgrimaged from one position group to another. He stays just long enough to learn that unit's ways before moving on, never really finding a home.

The rootless existence isn't for everyone. But it seems to fit Green.

"I wouldn't call it a curse," Green said. "It helps me gain a lot of perspective, depending on what position I'm playing. Just knowing what the other position groups are going through or thinking in the plays is something that I feel helps me as a player, knowing how the whole picture works."

http://www.startribune.com/seth-green-relishing-his-position-changes-with-gophers/561366652/

Go Gophers!!

per Megan:

Ever since he joined, flipping his commitment from Oregon before enrolling in 2016, the Woodbury native has pilgrimaged from one position group to another. He stays just long enough to learn that unit's ways before moving on, never really finding a home.

"I wouldn't call it a curse," Green said. "It helps me gain a lot of perspective, depending on what position I'm playing. Just knowing what the other position groups are going through or thinking in the plays is something that I feel helps me as a player, knowing how the whole picture works."

http://www.startribune.com/seth-green-relishing-his-position-changes-with-gophers/561366652/

Go Gophers!!

You love to have a kid like that. He doesn't complain he just goes out there to help the team!!

Seth seems like he's always involved in the charity work, doesn't complain, is incredibly valuable all over the field, works his tail off. Great representative of the state and university. Hats off!

Makes you wonder if he could catch on with an NFL roster. Teams tend to like those versatile guys on offense that can do multiple things.

Makes you wonder if he could catch on with an NFL roster. Teams tend to like those versatile guys on offense that can do multiple things.

Seems like he's athletic enough that if he put on a few pounds he could at least be a solid special teams guy/back up tight end/wildcat QB/backup WR.

Taysom Hill comes to mind....

More like MarQueis.

The thing is MarQueis did a lot more at WR than Seth has so far. He was more proven as an athlete than Seth is right now. I wonder how each would do if they swapped teams and coaches.

I posted this on a different thread, but I'd like to see some completely different sets for Green at QB, something like the old Wishbone offense. We could spend a couple hours implementing a few new plays out of a completely new formation, and from then on every team we play will have to spend their prep week learning to defend the Wishbone.

So glad he got that ‘nudge’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will make him a good head coach

per Megan:

Go Gophers!!

If he want's to after his playing days, I bet all of this experience is going to make him a good leader and a possible head football coach some day.

Top Bottom