STrib: Pitino's Gophers picked to finish 11th in the Big Ten unofficial media preseason poll

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

The Big Ten’s unofficial media poll released Tuesday picked Minnesota to finish 11th in the conference for the 2020-21 season. The poll consists of 28 beat writers (two from each program), who cover all 14 teams in the league.

Go Gophers!!

That schedule has a BRUTAL start to the conference. Going to assume we are underdogs in at least 7 if not all 8 of the first 8 games. We may be a home fav against Ohio St but it will be close. I know people wont like to hear this but if we are 3-5 in our first 8 that to me would be a HUGE success.

So far the range of predictions seems to be 10th to 12th. I do think this team has talent, but some of the talent is young, and the X-factor is whether Gabe can regain his form from two years ago. All that said, if I were to bet, I'd bet on the Gophers being better than 11th place.

I wonder if any of the teams picked higher think its ridiculous that they were picked to finish so high and think they are actually worse than the predictions.

Seems a little high, but you never know.

Goodness sakes!!! Our first 8 Big Ten games are just incredibly horribly setup in order, spacing, site, opponent etc etc Sheeeesh!
Maybe worse has been missing practice time at this time of year with all our new pieces. Then to practice but still be missing certain people is just such a handicap.

We have so much to overcome just to tread water and not start 0 and 8. Not good.
The start to seasons is sooo very important and it will be pretty close to a miracle if we start well.
Under different circumstances I’m a Top 4 or 5 guy but with the schedule, pandemic and our newness to each other as teammates, I’m concerned.
We need some stuff to go really well, some pleasant surprises. We have guys talented enough to shock people but it doesn’t always happen.
Rooting for Richard and the Gophers to find some good fortune soon.

I wonder if any of the teams picked higher think its ridiculous that they were picked to finish so high and think they are actually worse than the predictions.
No player thinks that. All coaches would prefer to be picked lower. But, most would never say it out loud to anybody but their trusted family member.

I just need them to be better than this year's football team. Dear God, please. 2020 has been hard enough.

Goodness sakes!!! Our first 8 Big Ten games are just incredibly horribly setup in order, spacing, site, opponent etc etc Sheeeesh!
Maybe worse has been missing practice time at this time of year with all our new pieces. Then to practice but still be missing certain people is just such a handicap.

We have so much to overcome just to tread water and not start 0 and 8. Not good.
The start to seasons is sooo very important and it will be pretty close to a miracle if we start well.
Under different circumstances I’m a Top 4 or 5 guy but with the schedule, pandemic and our newness to each other as teammates, I’m concerned.
We need some stuff to go really well, some pleasant surprises. We have guys talented enough to shock people but it doesn’t always happen.
Rooting for Richard and the Gophers to find some good fortune soon.
I actually like the schedule. Sets up well to get off some huge early wins and run up a great record in the second half. I expect the Gophers to win more conference games than Pitino has so far.

I actually like the schedule. Sets up well to get off some huge early wins and run up a great record in the second half. I expect the Gophers to win more conference games than Pitino has so far.
FRAUD = BADGER

Top Bottom