STrib: Linebackers changed the flow against San Jose State

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per STrib:

On San Jose State’s first possession of the second half, Hill intercepted a pass from Fales, returning the ball 16 yards to start a drive that would end in a Gophers touchdown just three plays later. From there, the linebackers worked to help keep Fales off-balance for the remainder of the game, ultimately guiding a 43-24 Gophers win.

“I think that was definitely a momentum shifter for the game,” Hill said. “I think the coaches made a good adjustment at halftime — they told me to cheat to the boundary a little bit because that’s high percentage passing, and I did. And Jeremy Baltazar did a good job of tipping the ball.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/224729462.html

Go Gophers!!

1500: Critical readjustments by 'U' defense slow down San Jose State's Fales

"We didn't expect him to get those three-step drops," said junior linebacker De'Vondre Campbell, who had a co-team high six tackles in his first career start. "We expected more five-step drops, read the defense. It was a surprise at first, but after the first two series we started to adjust to it."

"Nobody panicked," coach Jerry Kill said of the locker room scene at halftime. "We had to get him out of a rhythm ... Our mindset was to get them to believe. He is a good player. There's no question, but we have to step it up and get more pressure ... I thought we played with more energy."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/...defense_slow_down_San_Jose_States_Fales092113

Go Gophers!!

De'Vondre Campbell, who had a co-team high six tackles in his first career start...

This kid will be one to watch.

It's only a slight exaggeration to say he doesn't not know how to play football....yet.

Campbell's electric and Wilson's a load in the middle, but I love me some Aaron Hill. He's come a long way from just being the dude with the fro. He makes plays and he's in the right place more often than not.

Top Bottom