STrib has Q&A with Eric Kaler on his role with Gopher sports, Maturi's future, etc.

This was a really nice Q&A. Not to create a topic to beat a dead horse but..... BOOOOOOOOOO

Q: Are you in favor of alcohol returning to campus sporting events.

Kaler: I think it's appropriate that we sell alcohol in the premium sections. I do not want to sell alcohol in the student sections.

President Kaler didn't really show his hand and gave a lot of safe answers. I did get the impression he would cut lesser sports due to budget concerns. And he knows how important it is to create additional revuene; one being the booze issue.

He was nuetral on Maturi even though I did not expect him to say that Joel is terrific and the best AD in the BIG. Nor horsebleep either.

IMO, Maturi will be gone by next June as I assume Mr. Kaler wants his own team and like Coach Kill, help in creating a new culture and new way of thinking at the UM.

I think the biggest reason for Maturi to retire is that he has become a distraction. If Maturi does retire after this year, when would we expect to see the hiring process start?

I think the biggest reason for Maturi to retire is that he has become a distraction. If Maturi does retire after this year, when would we expect to see the hiring process start?

I would think when he announced his retirement...

I knew this would turn into a Maturi thread.

To restrain or not to restrain that is the question

Since Kaler has stated he is going to talk with people both inside and outside of the U do you think he is planning to meet with wren? My guess is that if Kaler is smart he has already gotten a restraining order against wren.

Since Kaler has stated he is going to talk with people both inside and outside of the U do you think he is planning to meet with wren? My guess is that if Kaler is smart he has already gotten a restraining order against wren.

I actually Wren may need a restraining order against you the way you follow him around like a scorned lover.

Wrong

I actually Wren may need a restraining order against you the way you follow him around like a scorned lover.

My only motive is to see that wren is permanently banned from here for long history of inappropriate behavior on many blogs. Yes, that is right wren has been banned from almost as many blogs as pantherhawk which should give you a clue that there is a problem with him.

My introduction to wren was at the Strib blog where he starred posting after he he been banned from the GopherHole. He proceeded there to make it near impossible to have a conversation on any topic other than his agenda. His behavior was absolutely atrocious and far far worse than it has been here lately.

It got so bad that they finally had to ban him along with his buddy Pantherhawk. Yes, that is right. Wren and Pantherhawk became great buddies at the Strib. They both enjoyed causing havoc at the blog by attempting to stop conversations with their agendas and supporting each other’s agenda. Needless to say this was not good.

As far as I am concern no person or blog should ever again have to put up with what we had to put up with there. That is why I not only support but am asking for a life time ban for wren. Other than that I have no problems with wren.

My only motive is to see that wren is permanently banned from here for long history of inappropriate behavior on many blogs. Yes, that is right wren has been banned from almost as many blogs as pantherhawk which should give you a clue that there is a problem with him.

My introduction to wren was at the Strib blog where he starred posting after he he been banned from the GopherHole. He proceeded there to make it near impossible to have a conversation on any topic other than his agenda. His behavior was absolutely atrocious and far far worse than it has been here lately.

It got so bad that they finally had to ban him along with his buddy Pantherhawk. Yes, that is right. Wren and Pantherhawk became great buddies at the Strib. They both enjoyed causing havoc at the blog by attempting to stop conversations with their agendas and supporting each other’s agenda. Needless to say this was not good.

As far as I am concern no person or blog should ever again have to put up with what we had to put up with there. That is why I not only support but am asking for a life time ban for wren. Other than that I have no problems with wren.

So you are going to use the vast majority of your posts to support your agenda of getting him banned because you don't like him promoting his agenda, got it. Do I read all of his posts no, I just skip them if I don't want to read them. You might be happier if you tried this approach or if unable to do that you could simply add him to your ignore list (instructions included below). I think you will be greatly disappointed if you expect your little complaints or comments to get him banned. If he is banned again it will not be due to your complaints and comments but due to him crossing a line again, such as racist posts, threatening, etc. Feel free to continue your approach however feeble it may be. He clearly has gotten to you when you can barely go a post without naming him and follow him from blog to blog.

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

In regards to the subject of the thread, I came away pretty impressed with Kaler. I thought he positioned and phrased things pretty well.

Maybe he doesn't renew Joel's contract. Maybe we get a basketball practice facility. Maybe we have a good football team AND basketball team.

Maybe it's my blind optimism, but I like where Gopher athletics are right now. Seems like both Kill and Tubby will continue to recruit locally and best I can tell, succeed. In which case, my chili would be piping hot.

Hockey is it's own mess and I don't really give a fuk

In regards to the subject of the thread, I came away pretty impressed with Kaler. I thought he positioned and phrased things pretty well.

Maybe he doesn't renew Joel's contract. Maybe we get a basketball practice facility. Maybe we have a good football team AND basketball team.

Maybe it's my blind optimism, but I like where Gopher athletics are right now. Seems like both Kill and Tubby will continue to recruit locally and best I can tell, succeed. In which case, my chili would be piping hot.

Hockey is it's own mess and I don't really give a fuk

If you spent some time on gopherpucklive this summer, you'd know that the return of Mike Guentzel as associate head coach is viewed as a major step in the right direction. Probably won't be a 1-year turnaround, but definitely the start of a revival.

Otherwise, I agree with your post. I think Maturi will be done by June 30, if not earlier. Kaler has exactly the right personality to take on some of the big challenges at the U right now, athletics being one of them.

Top Bottom