STrib: Gophers stuck with dormant offense to go with dominant defense

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Jerry Kill later softened his words, hoping to take pressure off his players. But the Gophers football coach’s raw feelings poured out immediately after last week’s 10-7 victory over Kent State.

“Offensively, we’re a mess right now,” Kill told Big Ten Network. “As long as we play good defense, we’ve got a chance to win. But we’re going to have to get on track offensively here, or we’re going to be in trouble.”

For longtime Gophers fans, that’s the primary concern heading into the team’s final nonconference test Saturday against Ohio (3-0). Defenses like this don’t come around Dinkytown very often. The Gophers have fielded a top-25 scoring defense only three times in the past 52 years.

As good as this year’s defense looks, the Gophers (2-1) are in danger of squandering it, unless the offense rises from the ranks of the nation’s worst. The Gophers rank 122nd out of 128 FBS teams in scoring offense, at 16.7 points per game.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-stuck-with-dormant-offense-to-go-with-dominant-defense/329610661/

Go Gophers!!

Ugh, yeah it's been tough to watch. I honestly thought there was a chance for 9 wins this year. Instead I'm simply hoping for a win over Ohio. Not how I pictured this season at all. It's still early, of course...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom