STrib: Gophers recruits Isaac Asuma, Grayson Grove ready for college basketball after state tournament

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marcus:

Johnson and Gophers assistant Dave Thorson watched Asuma and fellow U signee Grayson Grove play during the state tournament this year. Grove's team finished fourth in Class 3A. They both earned all-tournament team honors.

"I love how much support I get from them," Asuma said about the Gophers coaching staff. "Knowing they're always backing me just gives me a lot of confidence for when I get here."

A potential impact freshman in the backcourt, Asuma enjoyed watching Gophers point guard Elijah Hawkins, who led the Big Ten in assists this season. "Elijah came in and did an amazing job," Asuma said. "I'm excited to play with him. Maybe he can hit me on some of those [assists]."

After overcoming injuries his senior year, Grove gives Johnson a versatile piece to add to the frontcourt.

"The culture that they built and winning more games really is exciting," Grove said. "Hopefully Isaac and I can help them keep building off what they had this year."

Go Gophers!!

Both these guys have a bright future. Asuma has great court vision and is willing to go inside to create/finish. Grove also is a nifty passer with a feel for the game that should develop nicely into a 3/4 man who is versatile. Work to be done, but I like these additions!

Top Bottom