STrib: Gophers prepare for spring football practice, with bamboo as inspiration

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

Gophers players made guesses and took bets.

Not on what the team’s preseason ranking will be or who’s going to win various starting jobs up for grabs this offseason. But about what coach P.J. Fleck would unveil as his 2020 theme.

“You can guess all you want, but you’re never going to hit it,” quarterback Tanner Morgan said Monday. “… I don’t think anybody’s been right, to be honest with you, on our guess. But the bamboo thing, it fits perfectly.”

That’s right, this year is all about pandas’ favorite food. Or more generally, how the Gophers plan to “grow higher” after their 11-2 season, an on-field process that starts Tuesday with the opening of spring practice.

Fleck explained how bamboo can take years to reach its full height, sometimes as tall as 100 feet. The Gophers sprouted last year and now intend to keep climbing.

Go Gophers!!

per Megan:

Gophers players made guesses and took bets.

Not on what the team’s preseason ranking will be or who’s going to win various starting jobs up for grabs this offseason. But about what coach P.J. Fleck would unveil as his 2020 theme.

“You can guess all you want, but you’re never going to hit it,” quarterback Tanner Morgan said Monday. “… I don’t think anybody’s been right, to be honest with you, on our guess. But the bamboo thing, it fits perfectly.”

That’s right, this year is all about pandas’ favorite food. Or more generally, how the Gophers plan to “grow higher” after their 11-2 season, an on-field process that starts Tuesday with the opening of spring practice.

Fleck explained how bamboo can take years to reach its full height, sometimes as tall as 100 feet. The Gophers sprouted last year and now intend to keep climbing.

Go Gophers!!
Bamboo grows around here too, and makes an excellent privacy shield.

I'm getting this 'Being There' vibe....

Love the bamboo analogy, love Fleck.

Top Bottom