STrib: Gophers passing attack is lagging. So what's been going wrong?; No WR has caught at TD pass in more than a month

PJ is making the same mistakes that got Chryst made redundant.
Not being adaptable to take what the defense gives you and stubbornly sticking to TOP and "establishing the run" despite the defense being stacked at the line of scrimmage.
Then only passing on obvious passing downs with an OL that has problems protecting the passer.
Mertz and the WI offense have thrived by having Chryst gone.
This season Against p5 opponents

Without Chryst they run the ball 59% of the time
With Chryst they ran the ball 51% of the time

That is a very superficial way to look at how the WI offense has changed.
PJ can do what he is most comfortable with but it has not worked against opponents who can fog a mirror.

That is a very superficial way to look at how the WI offense has changed.
PJ can do what he is most comfortable with but it has not worked against opponents who can fog a mirror.

It worked quite well against Wisconsin, last time the Gophers faced them.

You do realize Thielen at one point ran a 4.44 40 yard dash? He was legit fast. Maybe not at his current age, but at his peak he was very fast.
Don't know what his time was once, now, or in his best season. Adam, like Jones, is primarily a possession receiver, not the primary deep threat. Jones is a lot like him and coming from a high profile offense and bringing great stats, I think he will go in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Crab has never caught more than 36 balls in a season and was on pace for 44 this season when he went down.

For comparison
In 2019
Bateman had 60 and Johnson had 86 (in 13 games mind you)

We may have ended up having these issues even with Crab
Not to this severity. But I’m not convinced the Crab injury is the whole problem. Bigger problem O Line and that Crab was our #1, not our #2
They needed D Wright to be Bateman, and he hasn't been anywhere close. And it's too bad, because I think the problem is all between his ears (talking attitude, more than anything).

He was fun to watch on those great plays he made against Ohio State. Then ... mostly has never gotten back to that.

Why not try giving it to him on a jet sweep? Make it easy for him. Try something

Top Bottom