STrib: Gophers' Jarvis Omersa is ready to turn his constant effort into production

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Omersa, a 6-7, 235-pound Orono product, was motivated coming off his career-high 11 points and nine rebounds in Sunday’s 79-56 win against North Dakota. His contribution off the bench helped the Gophers stay in control when Oturu was in foul trouble.

“It’s probably my best game as a Gopher for sure,” said Omersa, who is averaging 3.5 points and 3.3 rebounds entering Friday’s game against DePaul.

Before last weekend, Omersa’s best game with the Gophers was arguably against Michigan State in the NCAA tournament second round loss in Des Moines last season. He wasn’t much of a scoring threat, but he finished with seven rebounds and three steals against the Spartans.

“I felt like that was a really good boost for the mental aspect of the game, because Michigan State was obviously a Final Four team,” Oturu said. “So for him to come in and play that well in that type of atmosphere was a good thing.”

How did Omersa use that Michigan State game going into this season?

“It’s just motivation,” Omersa said. “For me that was kind of like showing people I can play.”

Go Gophers!!

Love it. Very important for him to make significant contributions.

The one thing I see in Jarvis is he needs to grow up into a man and get some consistency. Yes its Production. This is not a bad knock on him but some people mature at different stages of life and if the lights come shining it can only help the team. It happens all the time with big kids maturing later. As for the team they all need to improve their production.

Top Bottom