STrib: Gophers guard Marcus Carr named to Wooden Award watch list after hot start

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

The national awards aren’t ignoring Marcus Carr any longer to be a candidate among the top players in college basketball.

The Gophers junior point guard was named Tuesday to the John R. Wooden preseason top 50 watch list, one of the two most distinguished awards for NCAA player of the year. The other is the Naismith Award, which included Carr among the candidates last week.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Toronto native is off to scorching start to the 2020-21 season. Carr's averaging 29.7 points (third in the NCAA), 5.3 rebounds and 5.3 assists on 54.4 percent shooting from the field (31 for 57) and 45 percent from three-point range (9 for 20).

Go Gophers!!

There are other places to post this thought but I wish Carr would shoot more 3s. He seems to love coming off the high ball screen and shooting from the top of the key vs a bigger defender or basically wide open if his defender goes under. I feel like he never misses that shot. I could just be not remembering.

9/20 is a really good start. Hope it continues.

Top Bottom