STrib: Gophers' Daniel Oturu earns second Big Ten freshman of the week honor

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

When it comes to All-Big Ten freshmen team honors this season, Daniel Oturu makes a strong case to be mentioned among the best in the conference in his first college season.

The Gophers’ 6-foot-10 center picked up his second Big Ten freshman of the week honor Monday after averaging 19 points and 10 rebounds in two games last week against Michigan and Rutgers.

Oturu had 20 points on 7-for-10 shooting and 6-for-7 free throws and eight rebounds in Sunday’s 68-64 loss at Rutgers. The former Cretin-Derham Hall star also put together 18 points and 12 rebounds in a 69-60 loss to No. 7 Michigan on Thursday.

“I thought he was terrific,” Gophers coach Richard Pitino said. “I thought he did a lot of great things at the basket. He hit his free throws. For a big guy to make some crucial free throws was huge. He was competitive and physical.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...big-ten-freshman-of-the-week-honor/506333882/

Go Gophers!!

Thought it would be intersting to do a quick perusal of stats and come up with all freshman teams. Hopefully didnt forget anyone. In no particular order.

1st team
R. Langford, Ind.
J. Smith, Mary.
A. Dosunmu, Ill.
I. Brazdeikas, Mich.
D. Oturu, Minn.

2nd team
J. Weiskamp, Iowa
G. Kalscheur, Minn.
G. Bezhanisvili, Ill.
R. Bolton, PSU
M. Mathis, Rutgers

Last edited:

Thought it would be intersting to do a quick perusal of stats and come up with all freshman teams. Hopefully didnt forget anyone. In no particular order.

1st team
R. Langford, Ind.
J. Smith, Mary.
A. Dosunmu, Ill.
I. Brazdeikas, Mich.
D. Oturu, Minn.

2nd team
J. Weiskamp, Iowa
G. Kalscheur, Minn.
G. Bezhanisvili, Ill.
R. Bolton, PSU
M. Mathis, Rutgers

And people say Pitino can’t recruit, and he can’t get the good local kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom