STrib: Gopher NIL Opens Doors to Endorsements

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Braun, a Wayzata High alum, has built her audience of more than 35,000 basketball fans and followers across Instagram, TikTok and X (formerly Twitter) through a variety of ways, including playing for the Gophers, USA Basketball 3x3 and NIL sponsorships. Her agreements include a deal with electronics giant JBL, as well as Minnesota-based companies like KLN Family Brands.

Given her reach, Braun can also use her platform to support and raise awareness for causes that are important to her, such as the Special Olympics. Braun, whose uncle had severe disabilities, has worked with Special Olympics Minnesota since high school. She's seen the growth of NIL — and her own brand — as an opportunity to stand for something that matters deeply to her.

"For me, I want to represent myself as a person bigger than basketball," Braun said. "Being able to represent them and stand for things bigger than myself was what's really important to me, and I think [the NIL topic] can get lost in the money, but for me, it's bigger than that."

Top Bottom