STrib: Cole Kramer and Jacob Clark ready to step in if Tanner Morgan can't go Saturday for Gophers football

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Megan:

KRAMER’S ACCURACY, RUNNING SKILL FITS GOPHERS’ OFFENSE

Cole Kramer has attempted only two passes in his Gophers career so far, neither completed.

That one of them was a desperation heave intercepted to seal the 23-19 loss at Iowa last Saturday is pretty harsh, considering the three-year starter at Eden Prairie didn’t throw his first interception until the second game of his senior year.

“He’s just not used to throwing interceptions,” Eden Prairie coach Mike Grant said. “In our three years, we only lost like three, four games. So we were never behind.”

CLARK HAS THRIVED UNDER PRESSURE OF BIG TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL GAMES

Jacob Clark has been in big games.

Sure, at the high school level. But not just any old preps team. This was Texas high school football.

The first game Clark ever played at Rockwall High School as a junior was in front of 10,000 people against the defending state champions in Texas’ top classification.

“If there was ever a high-pressure moment of high school football, this would be it,” Rockwall coach Rodney Webb said. “… And he went out and threw for 400 yards and five touchdowns.”

Go Gophers!!

So the coaches will decide which guy best fits the game plan this week. I'm good with that.

IMO, the one who the coaches feel will make the best reads and decisions. We can't afford to throw the ball up like a beach ball against a solid run D. Maybe we will finally see the run option to put some pressure on NU's D. Would be a good call for the first play.

I'm going to go with TM playing for a couple reasons:
-When the odds came out on Sunday, it was -7. It quickly went to -14 (+/- .5). Also, Vegas Insider is not even mentioning his status as an event.
-Very little press on Kramer/Clark. We'd likely be seeing more if there was a chance they'd be playing. Very quiet.

Maybe it's just my optimistic outlook, but I see TM starting; and maybe playing most of the game.

If Tanner doesn't play, I would not at all be surprised to see both play. And I really wouldn't be too worried about Cole's redshirt.

Maybe. There’s nothing wrong with making them spend hours watching high school film of both freshmen.

No doubt. Just noting the context of the quote. Especially when it seems the least bit plausible. .. you say both guys might play.

I'm going to go with TM playing for a couple reasons:-When the odds came out on Sunday, it was -7. It quickly went to -14 (+/- .5). Also, Vegas Insider is not even mentioning his status as an event.
-Very little press on Kramer/Clark. We'd likely be seeing more if there was a chance they'd be playing. Very quiet.

Maybe it's just my optimistic outlook, but I see TM starting; and maybe playing most of the game.

You telling me someone knows something?

Fleck said both might play if Morgan can’t go.
I'm of the thought that while Capt'n Morgan is on the practice sideline, one of 'em is getting all the practice reps with the first team versus splitting those reps between the two.

I hope no one with inside information posts who is going to be our QB. No one needs to know such information other than the Northwestern football team.

I'm personally hoping for Clark if Morgan can't go. I think the experience of playing in front of the crowds and higher competition in Texas was beneficial. I know Kramer is a hometown boy, but playing for the run-heavy Eden Prairie team in Minnesota is not the same as playing in Texas. Hopefully it won't matter who plays this weekend, but I don't think we can ever look past any BigTen team.

I'd say these to both Clark and Kramer: Carpe diem! Carpe Omnia!

This is your time to show your potential in real game situation.

This is crazy good. I don't ever recall this many qood QBs on the Gophers squad. All talk of throwing spirals - that was a long time ago.

PJ, I sure hope that you mean business when you say you recruiting against your best players.

Top Bottom