Strength numbers released by Nebraska

I'm hardly the spam police....but I wonder if all of these links/stories about other teams couldn't be all in one thread?

Let's say their strength index numbers are better ... than when Nebraska was good... wouldn't that just kinda raise the question about how useful these numbers are?

Agreed I though this was Gopherhole not NCAA news hole
You people come out like clockwork and say the same thing when swingman gives us links. If you read the description you'd see that swingman is posting in the right spot.

The "7 National Titles Football Forum" is the place where Gopher football fans gather to talk about the team, college football, recruiting and the program's march back to Pasadena

All I mentioned was possibly putting the other team posts in a single thread. No skin off my back either way.

Let's say their strength index numbers are better ... than when Nebraska was good... wouldn't that just kinda raise the question about how useful these numbers are?
I thought the issue was more that everyone else caught up. They can be absolutely higher while still relatively much lower compared to their competition measured using an independently valid metric

I appreciate swingman’s links during the offseason. There’s so little going on that it’s nice to see some new and relevant content periodically.
I agree. We're in the slow season and it's this or bringing back oops wrong forum

Wow. Some people really suffer from reading comprehension issues.

No one said "I hope swingman never posts any of his links, I hate reading them!!!"

They said: "can't he just post the links in a single thread about other teams, rather than spamming the board with 50 new threads?"

Reminds me of years ago when husker70 would ask for this. Husker70, still with us?

The single thread idea would only work from a usability standpoint if the mods gave Swingman his own locked thread only he could post to, and then that sort of ruins the discussion this board is supposed to be about.

(otherwise it would be chaos with a bunch of disparate topics being discussed in one thread)

Not sure what is really gained by comparing current strength and conditioning numbers with historic totals. S&C has advanced a ton over time and players start training at a much younger age.

I mean in football there is really no comparison between the athletes of today with those from the past because players today are so much bigger and stronger in general.

This item isn't Spam. It's interesting news that relates to the Gophers because it's college football and Big Ten-related.

If you don't want to read it, don't click on it. It isn't as if the thread title tricked you into clicking.

Not sure what is really gained by comparing current strength and conditioning numbers with historic totals. S&C has advanced a ton over time and players start training at a much younger age.

I mean in football there is really no comparison between the athletes of today with those from the past because players today are so much bigger and stronger in general.
It's Nebraska, they're very focused on the past ;)

The single thread idea would only work from a usability standpoint if the mods gave Swingman his own locked thread only he could post to, and then that sort of ruins the discussion this board is supposed to be about.

(otherwise it would be chaos with a bunch of disparate topics being discussed in one thread)
Yep, count me among those that doesn't mind all these various threads with news from around the Big Ten, especially during the off season when things are slow anyway.

I actually think it is better to have them each as their own topic as opposed to one big thread because that way you only have to click on it if you are interested in it.

It's Nebraska, they're very focused on the past ;)
This quote from the story kind of emphasizes that point:

“The point Frost emphasized was that they used to do this back in the ’90s, so being able to see those guys’ scores and then see some of the guys on our team just blow those out of the water, it shows us that we’re just as athletic and big, and we can do everything that they did in the ’90s," Jurgens said.

Of course the scores from the guys today blow those from the 90s out of the water. If they put players from other programs through the exact same testing, their scores would also blow away the scores of the Nebraska guys from the 90s. Funny that they are trying to make some connection to the two in order to give the players now some false sense of confidence that they can be just as good as the great Nebraska teams from the past.

Yep, count me among those that doesn't mind all these various threads with news from around the Big Ten, especially during the off season when things are slow anyway.

I actually think it is better to have them each as their own topic as opposed to one big thread because that way you only have to click on it if you are interested in it.
100% agree. Some boards are militant about keeping comments in a finite number of threads. You go on there and see the same five topic titles and it feels so old and stale and dusty and unwelcoming. Different threads! More threads!

I do remember last spring and early fall NE was so prepared that they could not wait for the season to begin-all according to Frost and the homer newspaper flacks who cover NE- then the pandemic caused the BIG to postpone the season and NE howled like a scalded cat.
Then they burned and crashed.
It is always spring for NE football and for Frost it is always how things were done decades ago.

Top Bottom