Storming the field?? Please no.

I went on the field after the 2010 win because it was so cathartic after such a miserable season, but stayed in the stands in 2011. That year it seemed more of student thing.

If the Gophers win, thousands of students rushing the field to celebrate with the players and Floyd (which outsiders dig due to it being a bronze pig) will make for great footage on ABC and later on SportsCenter.

+1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thank you

That was in 1999. In 98 we beat them in the dome handily in Hayden Fry's last game.

I wasn't sure if it was 1999 or 1998. Just remeberd the tuperrware guy and that a drunk Iowa fan spit on my friend jacket pre game when walking to the stadium. That and a tailgating group asked us "Where are you A$$holes from".
My first Iowa game in Iowa City and we put up with a lot of jawng "didn't talk back" and they had a bad team.

I've been to IC quite a few times for gopher games the past 15 years and last year was definitely the most subdued I've seen the Iowa fan base. No one cocked off to us once. If I remember correctly, they were coming off a couple bad non-conference losses. The thing I remember most from the '99 game was Hoffman jawing with an Iowa fan in the front row at the end of the game and Mason grabbing him by the shoulder pads and pulling him back to the bench and chewing his ass. Good times.

I see no problem with storming the field after a big win against a major rival in which we reclaim our prized trophy and move to 5-0. This is a huge game for a program trying to officially turn the corner. I don't get why people make such a big deal about fans storming a field/court if they don't do so because of a major upset. It's silly how that is supposed to be the only time you can do so.

If we win tomorrow, the fans should go crazy and they should be able to celebrate on the field with the players.

But... I know that would come under much scrutiny. It would cause other Big Ten fans to make fun of us, and I'm sure it would create great opportunities for criticism by Souhan and Reusse who, of course, would focus on that instead of the big win.

It is unfortunate.

I've been to IC quite a few times for gopher games the past 15 years and last year was definitely the most subdued I've seen the Iowa fan base. No one cocked off to us once. If I remember correctly, they were coming off a couple bad non-conference losses. The thing I remember most from the '99 game was Hoffman jawing with an Iowa fan in the front row at the end of the game and Mason grabbing him by the shoulder pads and pulling him back to the bench and chewing his ass. Good times.

mn should probably storm the field, perhaps they will protect their own goal posts this year. Then again by the end of the game win or lose I expect to see about 200 students left at game

Top Bottom