Station 19 = Buffalo Wild Wings

This is awesome!!! I've been waiting for them to put a good bar/restaurant in that building! It might be corporate-owned, but you can bet your ass they're going to add a BIG splash of Gopher flavor into that place! Okay, so there are a few people complaining about the food, but it's going to be the atmosphere as well as the beer that's going to get this place absolutely rocking, whether it be football, basketball, or hockey season.

If all goes well, here's to what will be the closest establishment to any stadium in the Big Ten!

01-CHEERS.jpg

Anything that helps thin the crowd at Stubs is fine with me. Stubs will always be #1.

BWWs is a chain, but based out of yes, Minneapolis. It's not a local, independent place that some of you dream of, but it does focus on it's main customers, sports fans like us. We will have a mix of local places like Stubs, Sally's, and Campus Pizza, and a sports chain place like BWWs. A little diversity is ok, right?

They have places located on many campuses throughout the country. The one on Iowa's campus and Ohio State's are crazy popular. (OSU was actually the 1st one) One thing they do very well as a chain, they personalize the place to the local teams. You should see plenty of Gopher stuff in that place. That can't suck seeing more maroon and gold.

I for one, was very happy to hear this. We like supporting local business, I would think that BWW would quality for that.

Didn't realize there were so many hipsters posting on GH.

"Chain restaurant" = "automatically bad" :rolleyes:

If they're so terrible, how did they get to the point of being a chain restaurant? Why do people keep going? How do they stay in business?

Chains are food for stupid people:rolleyes:

Always remember that saying, can't remember who said it to me. I don't really care as I won't be going there anyways.

BWW

If they could get Art Song's wing recipe away from The Hickory Hut Express on University around Rice in St.Paul, I would camp out on their door step on Saturdays. For those of you who are not familiar with them, it is a complicated, fantastic dry seasoning mix on really big wings. I recommend going on Tuesdays or Thursdays when the tubs are on a special price. Very worth the drive, hell stop by the Capitol it's only blocks away.

I can't believe all the negative responses to a new place to get beer near the stadium..... the more options the better! Who cares about the food, that is what pre-game tailgating is for. Since all you "haters" will not be there after the game, there will be more room for me to enjoy the big screens, with an added bonus of no waiting for beer!

I can't believe all the negative responses to a new place to get beer near the stadium..... the more options the better! Who cares about the food, that is what pre-game tailgating is for. Since all you "haters" will not be there after the game, there will be more room for me to enjoy the big screens, with an added bonus of no waiting for beer!

Yep, you'll probably be the only one there.

Yep, you'll probably be the only one there.

Blah, blah, blah. :cool02: ... Sometimes I wonder how people become Negative Nancies in life.

On another note, I'll probably be there too at some point, right in the middle of the action. It'd be pretty nice to step outside after pre-gaming and have the Victory Walk right in my face.

I don't remember the Blarney site ever being a BDubs. When was that?

BWW opened in 1993/1994? I remember they had happy hour from 3-9. 22oz beers were $2.00. I had way too many Icehouses. Wings were 10 cents on Tuedays too. Good memories!

BWW opened in 1993/1994? I remember they had happy hour from 3-9. 22oz beers were $2.00. I had way too many Icehouses. Wings were 10 cents on Tuedays too. Good memories!

Today's version of Buffalo Wild Wings is a far cry from the 90's version of BW3....... I too had many $2 22oz beers in the day

How is the work coming along at the new location? Looking forward to checking it out. I always read a lot of complaints about BWW when discussed in forums (or the strib comment section any time an article appears about them) but they always seem to be busy and the people eating/drinking there always seem to be happy.

p.s. closed circuit to Campus Pizza-- you should deliver to the tailgate lots...while not sure the "U" would like it, it would be a nice gameday option when I don't want to haul the spread.

I've often joked about buying a golf cart to do just that. We'd be willing to delivering to the tailgate lots if we could do it earlier than 2-2 1/2 hours before kick-off. My guess is that someone would have to meet us at the entrance to the lot but it can be done! Just call us when you're in the mood!

Schultz Organic Farm

in Owatona has excellent free range chicken wings...best I've had that you make yourself. Grilled, fryed, or or even baked. Sauce them as you like them. Can be purchased at co-ops throughout Minnesota.

Top Bottom