start giving Carters minutes to Williams

dboy

Banned
Reaction score
carter looks lost.
he's too slow and too weak for B10.

one sequence: had the ball stolen from behind... 'ran' up the court as Turner sprinted by... reached in as Turner was about to go up for a layup and gave him an 'and-1'.

Williams needs more touches and minutes.
he should have been given the Turner assignment today.

Better advice: Never play Iverson again. He is a much weaker link than Carter. He can't shoot, rebound, constantly gets the ball stolen down low, horrible free throw shooter. Just give sampson his minutes or play 3 guards/2 forwards

Well, Rodney doesn't have the best defensive instincts but he does have unparalleled athleticism. And, in a game where nobody (especially a slow, stiff PC) could handle Turner, Rodney would have been a good choice. So many screens for Turner though, we really needed a team effort to contain him.

carter looks lost.
he's too slow and too weak for B10.

one sequence: had the ball stolen from behind... 'ran' up the court as Turner sprinted by... reached in as Turner was about to go up for a layup and gave him an 'and-1'.

Williams needs more touches and minutes.
he should have been given the Turner assignment today.

Hey we agree on this! So true

Well, Rodney doesn't have the best defensive instincts but he does have unparalleled athleticism. And, in a game where nobody (especially a slow, stiff PC) could handle Turner, Rodney would have been a good choice. So many screens for Turner though, we really needed a team effort to contain him.

Rodney would have been rocked by some screens today... but i think he would have given turner some fits with his length and athletic ablity.. Tubby needs to turn this kid loose... how about some set plays, post-ups, etc?

When rodney was in there here dominated...making dunks...hitting a few jumpers and a three...he and RS3 were the best players on the court today...even though rodney played meaningless minutes he still played hard...like he was playing for more time.

As much as I like Rodney, Turner would have absolutely destroyed him had they been matched up together. Rodney just isn't ready for someone with athleticism and strength like Turner.

As much as I like Rodney, Turner would have absolutely destroyed him had they been matched up together. Rodney just isn't ready for someone with athleticism and strength like Turner.

i agree on the strength part, but not the athlete part.. according to draftnet.com, rodeny is a '10' in athletic and potential... Turner is not.

Cobbs is strong but is not the athlete.
Devoe is neither.

so rodney takes his lumps and fouls out.. so what?

I think it would have been worth a try. Turner was scoring whenever he wanted so I really don't think it could have hurt to at least try it out. Rodney has the potential to be a lock-down defender and he will likely be the guy we put on stars such as Turner in the near future.

Rodney can make up for his listed 200lbs (wink, wink) with athleticism, but he not in Turners league. I'm glad he showed up in the second half today, but lets not forget the his last 15 or so games.

Rodney can make up for his listed 200lbs (wink, wink) with athleticism, but he not in Turners league. I'm glad he showed up in the second half today, but lets not forget the his last 15 or so games.

you must forget them... the future is now. we must start putting our best athletes on the floor.. mix in a few basketball players, and now you have something. seems to me Memphis a few years ago had some 'athletes' vs basketball players ( Carney and that low block muscule bound guy that couldn't hit a 5 footer if you spotted him 4 feet ( joey dorsey) ).. they would fly up the floor and play D end-to-end..

instead, Rodney just stands there... tubby burning a hole in him with his stare. poor kid.

Agreed, Rodney looked good out there but he was also playing almost entirely during trash time when OSU wasn't even trying. Those drives/dunks weren't even contested. I like the kids future, but in the first half him not fighting over the top of screens left some wide open 3s which, as everybody saw, OSU took full advantage of.

As for Paul Carter he's a mess right now. One of the most frustrating things about this team is the ridiculously stupid fouls they consistently commit and Paul Carter is one of the main culprits. The play where Turner had a fastbreak and Devoe Joseph was lined up to take the charge only to have Paul Carter get in the way to commit a touch foul and allow the 3-point play. What? Seriously how is that even an option running through his head? He also forces everything on the offensive end.

we must start putting our best athletes on the floor..
Because that has worked for us how so far?

The last thing we need is another RW or Paul Carter deer in headlights game. He played well today, but let's not forget what has happened when he's seen clock when the games have been close...

The last thing we need is another RW or Paul Carter deer in headlights game. He played well today, but let's not forget what has happened when he's seen clock when the games have been close...

it hasn't because we haven't

The last thing we need is another RW or Paul Carter deer in headlights game. He played well today, but let's not forget what has happened when he's seen clock when the games have been close...[/QUOTE]

freshman mistake.. happens to everyone.
what about Carters deer-in-headlights end-of-first-half air-ball 3 against NW??

Has the season deteriorated to the point where Tubby should start planning for next year and take minutes away from the seniors and give them to the freshmen and sophomores who will improve over time? If not, when does the season reach that point? My personal opinion is that the seniors need to start showing real leadership or risk losing their minutes.

Top Bottom