Stadium Finishes

MKE_Gopher

Reaction score
Not sure if there is any information out there yet or not but what will the finish color on the concrete be? Obviously padding by the field and banners or something on the sidelines, but between the concourses is it going to be painted? Lettering (i.e. Texas A&M "Home of the 12th Man")? Looking at one of the pictures from the posted facebook account towards the home side, there are quite a few bands of concrete that may look a tad dull or unfinished if just left the way they are.

I sort of agree that the concrete does look a bit bland on the front of the upper deck, but on the other hand have you ever seen Camp Randall? Talk about bland exposed concrete...it's horrible.

I sure hope it was discussed to use these exposed concrete areas to show the gopher nation our National Championships/Big Ten Titles/Retired #'s with some sort of permanent signage. They had those crappy tarps with that information up at the dome but got covered up as soon as someone sat in it.
It might be a budget thing.

Isn't this something that is true of most most college stadiums?

I thought sometime way back a brick facade was talked about but they didn't have the money. If I remember right the conclusion was blank concrete until further notice.

That doesn't preclude banners or painting. I would guess banners are more likely if they plan on doing brick work or something else in the future.

Isn't this something that is true of most most college stadiums?

I think you're right. The lower level concrete will be partly obscured by players, press, etc. on game day. Also, I have seen more and more of these walls being covered with ads much like the boards on a hockey rink. Just look at Louisville's Papa John's Stadium which is fairly new.

PapaJohnsinside.JPG

I will be pleasantly surprised if the walls at "The Bank" aren't eventually covered with advertisements. I hate it, but it is a sign of the times.

Plus, if you really have a problem with ads, there is an alternative. Get out your checkbook. ;)

I thought sometime way back a brick facade was talked about but they didn't have the money. If I remember right the conclusion was blank concrete until further notice.

That doesn't preclude banners or painting. I would guess banners are more likely if they plan on doing brick work or something else in the future.

The brick facade could be added later to the lower level. To my knowledge there is no plan to ever add brick to the "ribbon" of concrete off the 2nd deck which is what I took to be the main concern raised by esahnow.

Yeah I was hoping for some type of ring of fame or something with the national title years. Lambeau Field does a fantastic job of it.

If the team in the picture doesn't score a touchdown on that play I would be surprised.....Look at the safety...he's flat footed. The reciever better have flown right by him and with the protection the qb has it should be a pretty easy toss.
Look at the db's at the bottom right. Terrible coverage there as well...easy toss to the outside.

There will be brick on the lower level, I didn't mention it before because I thought everyone assumed that.

Give me my ring of honor.

1. You also have an easy reception to a back or receiver at the 47yd line for a 6yd gain or more.

2. I thought stadiums padded the wall in the rear of the end zone.

Will they allow banners to be hung from the upper deck? I know a lot of stadiums do not allow this anymore, which I think is a shame. It adds a different feel to the stadiums. But now in the world of advertisements, I suppose this has gone by the wayside.

Louisville is in a cover 2 defense there. The CB that is sitting on the 42ish yard line actually is covering the under route. The probably SS is taking the deep route. You can see he has already turned up field on the inside of the flat footed CB.

Until we get funding for the brick facade, how about painting it maroon?

Top Bottom