St. Juste on Viking's Radar?

I'm saying that he is fine. You are the one trying to say that he is slow, old and awful....which is horribly off the mark. Prior to the 2019 season PFF had Barr and Kendricks as the fifth best tandem in the league. How did he get so awful so quickly? Answer....he didn't.

5. ANTHONY BARR & ERIC KENDRICKS, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
The 2018 Vikings’ defense may not have presented the same sting it maintained in 2017, but they continued to sustain their top-ten status. The tandem of UCLA alums, Barr and Kendricks, has been a mainstay of a defense that is full of superstar talent.

Barr has been pestering opposing quarterbacks as much as anyone at his position since he joined the league. His 116 total pressures generated since 2015 rank second among linebackers which largely contributes to his third-ranked 90.0 pass-rushing grade in that same period. Even when he doesn’t successfully pressure the quarterback, he is still effective against the pass. His nine batted passes rank second at his position over the last five seasons.

Kendricks, who has been productive yet unspectacular in his time in the NFL, has seen his grade fluctuate anywhere from 58.0 to 68.0 throughout his four-year career. However, he has shown flashes of potential, as he has earned 80.0-plus game grades seven times throughout his NFL career.
Citing an article saying the 2018 defense was top 10 and that Barr played linebacker doesn’t mean he is good in 2019, 2020, or 2021

9 batted passed doesn’t mean you are good against the pass. It means you’re being thrown at and you batted 9 of them.

Citing an article saying the 2018 defense was top 10 and that Barr played linebacker doesn’t mean he is good in 2019, 2020, or 2021

9 batted passed doesn’t mean you are good against the pass. It means you’re being thrown at and you batted 9 of them.

I don't see a point here. I only see someone trying to corner the market on an over the top opinion that is fine to hold....but not correct.

Saw the PFF has him rated at the 91st player in the draft. Bateman is #25, I believe. Two more potential top 4 round picks this year.

Nice. Bateman seems pretty certain to go late in round 1 or early in round 2. Would be cool to see St. Juste get into those first 3 rounds as well but if not seems pretty likely he won't last too far into the 4th.

Any other Gophers on the 2021 draft radar? This was always going to be a smaller group and with the extra year of eligibility it got even smaller.

Nice. Bateman seems pretty certain to go late in round 1 or early in round 2. Would be cool to see St. Juste get into those first 3 rounds as well but if not seems pretty likely he won't last too far into the 4th.

Any other Gophers on the 2021 draft radar? This was always going to be a smaller group and with the extra year of eligibility it got even smaller.

I don't believe so, all of our other NFL/borderline NFL guys are back.

Wilson is better than Barr.

He's certainly better for the money, but Wilson is likely going to get paid this offseason (meaning he is good).

As far as better - - it's close. Wilson's best year (last year) was pretty close to Barr's bleh years. I don't think there is any chance Wilson's best years could match Barr's best years, but I don't know if Barr will ever reach that again.

Barr is more versatile than Wilson. We just don't seem to utilize that versatility.

My opinion - - if I had one season and money was equal, I'd pick Barr.

Can Eric Wilson really demand Barr money? If he can, my hat's off to him and good luck with your new team.

I say we save the money on Barr, give a chunk to Wilson, and spend the rest on help elsewhere.

But like others, a move needs to be done before March 20 or else most of the cap savings on Barr for 2021 will get converted into guaranteed money.

I wonder how crazy crowded the upcoming draft class will be with many players like Pinckney opting for an extra year to try to upgrade their draft status.

I wonder how crazy crowded the upcoming draft class will be with many players like Pinckney opting for an extra year to try to upgrade their draft status.

2022 draft field will probably be a little more crowded than a typical year. Will probably be a trickle down with a lot more guys being forced to go the UFA route as opposed to being a late round pick.

He's certainly better for the money, but Wilson is likely going to get paid this offseason (meaning he is good).

As far as better - - it's close. Wilson's best year (last year) was pretty close to Barr's bleh years. I don't think there is any chance Wilson's best years could match Barr's best years, but I don't know if Barr will ever reach that again.

Barr is more versatile than Wilson. We just don't seem to utilize that versatility.

My opinion - - if I had one season and money was equal, I'd pick Barr.

Barr can’t cover. If you can’t cover in the NFL you’re at best a 2 down LB

Exactly. Say no more, I could not believe they passed up Winfield but as you say, they are who they are.

Sincerely,
A broken Vikings fan.
taking winfield in an early round would have made no sense, they had 2 solid safeties

Top Bottom