St-Juste explains how he was forced to retire

For some reason I sort of figured something like that from the shitheads at michican't. Or I read something on here about the same. But I'm happy as a fan that it turned out the way it did. Great player, and seems like a good person. Good for you kid. Keep working.

When you head about him having problems getting medically cleared and transferring… something smelled wrong.

They should have been honest from the start and told him to transfer outright.

What really worries me is doctors doing this underhanded stuff… as doctors giving medical advice… when they just didn’t want to use a scholarship on a kid. That’s unethical.

For some reason I sort of figured something like that from the shitheads at michican't. Or I read something on here about the same. But I'm happy as a fan that it turned out the way it did. Great player, and seems like a good person. Good for you kid. Keep working.
Ya, the truth usually does come out. So many things happen where one thing is said but we go....umm, ah, really? That doesn't sound quite right? If it's not us we forget about it and then someday the truth taps on the shoulder and says remember that story that didn't add up? Here's why....like you thought it wasn't true.
Ben and his parents have not forgotten. Much continued success to Ben!
AND: I'm really happy he's still playing!! I thought he had to retire from the NFL by the headline.

A friend of mine’s nephew played WR at Texas a few years ago and broke his foot. The team doctors botched the surgery and his foot didn’t heal properly. He then transferred to USC, where after a year he was forced to medically retire, even though he didn’t want to. Now, he wants to keep playing and intends to transfer to ASU, but he can’t get the NCAA to give him clearance on the retirement. I should have him speak with BSJ!

Situations like this show that the transfer portal isn't all bad!
Not at all.

I do think when people complain about the portal they aren’t really complaining about the portal itself. They’re using the word portal to complain about NIL, one free transfer, grad transfers, culture of moving on if you aren’t a starter early, etc

There is zero problems with the portal. There are some problems with the other things I mentioned (some of which would take congressional action to change)

Not at all.

I do think when people complain about the portal they aren’t really complaining about the portal itself. They’re using the word portal to complain about NIL, one free transfer, grad transfers, culture of moving on if you aren’t a starter early, etc

There is zero problems with the portal. There are some problems with the other things I mentioned (some of which would take congressional action to change)
Right, this situation that St Juste had could happen pre or post portal existence. It’s bs in either case. The more lenient rules as far as transfers sitting out a year may have helped some, but being able to yank scholarships force kids off a team under false pretenses is just wrong. I get it’s all about money and winning, but this isn’t the nfl, you can’t cut kids due to performance. The ncaa should do a better job policing this stuff, but what else is new.

Not at all.

It is a problem with transfer when the players' expectations don't sync with their skill sets. That NC DL transfer was a mediocre player at NC. His expectations to start were betrayed by who he really is, a mediocre player. He then goes bad-mouthing PJ Fleck.

It is a problem with transfer when the players' expectations don't sync with their skill sets. That NC DL transfer was a mediocre player at NC. His expectations to start were betrayed by who he really is, a mediocre player. He then goes bad-mouthing PJ Fleck.

That is a social media and entitlement problem more than a portal problem IMO

Top Bottom