Spring Game Scoring System

ItsAllAboutTheU

Reaction score
I havent seen anyone mention this, but wasnt the scoring system for the spring game one of the dumbest things you've ever heard? What idiot thought of that?

I havent seen anyone mention this, but wasnt the scoring system for the spring game one of the dumbest things you've ever heard? What idiot thought of that?

Many schools do it exactly that way. I think the coaches stole it from another program. It was weird, but I would not call it the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Huh?

No, it wasn't one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard. In fact, I've actually used it before. It works quite well when trying to score offense against defense.

They should just play a real game. 1st team O and 2nd team D vs 1st team D and 2nd team O. Include special teams and real hitting, then more people might show up.

I don't think we have nearly enough depth yet that we can risk increasing the odds of a serious injury. Got to lower the chance of hurting a key player.

A good thing to do privately, among the players, but as I've said here before, they should play a real, regulation game - perhaps protecting one or more of the QBs, but a real game, as they used to - and as most other teams do. Promote it heavily and draw more than 1,000 to a beautiful stadium (weather permitting).

They should just play a real game. 1st team O and 2nd team D vs 1st team D and 2nd team O. Include special teams and real hitting, then more people might show up.

Yes, we should try to injure as many players as possible. Heck, they have 4 months to recover. This post was dumber than the scoring system...

I'm not too worried about the scoring system or spring game attendance. Winning would change that latter...

No, it wasn't one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard. In fact, I've actually used it before. It works quite well when trying to score offense against defense.

I played in several spring games where we used it as well. I can tell you as players we liked this scoring system better than trying to split the team in half.

Top Bottom