Spring Game at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 4 at TCF Bank Stadium

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Spring Game Date Announced

The University of Minnesota football team will play its annual spring game at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 4 at TCF Bank Stadium.

The fan-friendly game will once again be free to attend and there will be plenty of activities for fans to enjoy prior to the exhibition contest.

A pre-game fan fest will start at 9:30 a.m. on Tribal Nations Plaza and will feature activities for families and kids. There will be music and games for all to enjoy as well.

Minnesota will once again be collecting fan-decorated oars near Gate A. The oars will then be displayed inside the stadium and are prominently featured as the team walks from its locker room to the field.

Fans are encouraged to park in the Victory, Maroon, Gold or Gopher lots or in lots 33 or 37. Gate A at TCF Bank Stadium will open at 10 a.m. for fans to enter the stadium.

Members of the team and coaching staff will be available on the field after the game for autographs.

Additional information regarding Minnesota's spring game and spring practice schedule will be announced when it is available.

Go Gophers!!

Could be OK, but sure would like a later date.

If an “average” April 4th, 9:30 am pre-game stuff will be in low 40s, game will start in mid-40s and end with temp nearing 50. Could be better, of course ... or worse. Understand that there are myriad scheduling issues, but have to think better for building new fan base if played a little later in April.

Recent spring games (all originally set on a Saturday):

2019: April 13, 11:00 am—moved indoors, weather
2018: April14, noon—moved back to Thursday, April 12, 6:00 pm, weather
2017: April 15, noon—“sun splashed” day
2016: April 9, 2:30 pm
2015: April 11, 3:00 pm

Maybe 2020’s earlier game, April 4, will be the charm. Fleck seems to favor starts early in the day (11:00 am).

If I were the coach I would like the earliest date possible in case of injuries. Spring game injuries must be the most frustrating thing for the coaches.

If I were the coach I would like the earliest date possible in case of injuries. Spring game injuries must be the most frustrating thing for the coaches.
I feel like Fleck has mentioned in the past he likes to get spring ball done earlier so they have more time for recruiting and just getting everyone some time off.

Spring Football Practice likely begins in about 10 days to two weeks. Are we ready for the quarterback competition, speculation, demonstration, integration with the new offensive coordinators?
Rock on Gophers!

Spring Football Practice likely begins in about 10 days to two weeks. Are we ready for the quarterback competition, speculation, demonstration, integration with the new offensive coordinators?
Rock on Gophers!
I'm more than ready for forum discussion that doesn't involve whether or not provincial nicknames offend you.

Top Bottom