Sports Huddle Summary: Jeryy Kill - 2/5/12

First of all, I am a life-long Minnesotan and Gopher fan. Second, I may drift off-topic, but I'll bring it back.

I have been a believer of Jerry Kill and his staff since Day 1. Minnesotans are generally uncomfortable with anyone that is forthright and honest, says they have a plan, and implements the plan come hell or high water. That's way too "flashy" for their comfort level.

In a state that likes to call themselves "honest and progressive," they are incredibly passive-aggressive, provincial, and fight change at every turn.

In an almost karmic twist, Joel Maturi hired the men that led to his demise--Tim Brewster and Jerry Kill. Brewster had the will, but not the skill. Jerry Kill has both the will and the skill. Brewster was called the "anti-Mason". Kill is the "anti-Brewster" AND the "anti-Mason"...and the "anti-Maturi". Despite his midwestern upbringing, Kill is really the "anti-Minnesotan" as well. Jerry Kill's arrival on campus signaled the end of the old way of doing business and a return the basics--hard work, discipline and football fundamentals. It is reflected in his staff and reflected in the type of players he is building his program around. It also has demonstrated to the school President what needs to be done in the entire Athletic Department.

The staff, with Claeys, Limegrover, and Klein leading the way, works as a team, and leads by example.

In the end, Jerry Kill has demonstrated to President Kaler what his vision for Gopher football is all about. Kaler agrees with that vision and will implement the same with a new AD and a new Athletic Department. There are great days ahead, and I, for one, are absolutely excited.
Well said, I'm with you! Go Gophers!

Did he really say we're going to recruit 4-5 linebackers next year? That seems like quite a few in what will be a smaller class.

Sounds like Duke might be playing LB.

And football is all about taking the right angles, not being the fastest on the 40 time debate.

Did he really say we're going to recruit 4-5 linebackers next year? That seems like quite a few in what will be a smaller class.

I'd expect that class to be slightly larger than the allotted 13 you see available now, and i'd also expect that a couple of those linebackers will be Walk Ons (the 2013 class isn't great, but a lot of borderline LB prospects).

John, I can see it. I know you're very positive with the WR class. My pipedream is getting the 1000 yard back, which I believe you have said before, as well as Kill will need more than one full class to make this thing work.

At Last

Comic sans is the worst thing to happen to typography. Could just use the sarcasm punctuation mark (same as irony punctuation).
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Irony_punctuation

Finally we have a new subject for a pissing match. Personally I thought about everything you could say about speed times was said in the first two days. But the possibilities on this subject are unlimited. It should easily take us to the spring game. I am voting for monotype corsiva in deep purple.

We're losing four after this next season. Looks like it could be (IMO):

4 LB
2 DL
3 DB
1 OL
1 RB
1 WR
Maybe a QB or TE

Rest as WO.

Top Bottom