Source of Coach Kill's Coaching Philosophy

LIG - fact-based posts usually don't bug people it's how the facts are used that can. In your short time you have used facts to paint a very positive picture of the direction the Gopher football program is going and suddenly flipped and have tried to paint a negative picture (specifically the S&C coach). Facts are great but folks get a frustrated trying to follow your line of thinking when it so offer appears to change. Starting threads is fine but don't expect folks to actively engage you in discussion when you are all over the place. In your case less is probably better and stick to your opinions on Gopher football and don't flip based on the reactions to your posts. JMHO

Oh, Please

Psychologically speaking, in order to facilitate change, this team must move from pre-contemplation, where there is no awareness of a need for change to a phase called contemplation, where the awareness is real. We have a need to change how we do things around here. From contemplation, we'll move through preparation, where we will enact a detailed plan to facilitate change. We are in the midst of the action phase, where Coach Klein is modifying behavior and adjusting attitudes to that of a winner. Once Coach Kill has got some wins and the attitude is taking hold, maintenance ensures the habits and attitudes of winning become a part of the psyche of the team.

How's that make y'all feel? Transtheoretical Model, baby.

Why do I feel like I just heard a freshman in college talk about his first encounter with psycho-babble.

46Gopher,
My facts "flipped" because it didn't pay for me to be positive about Minnesota football on this web site. That's not my fault. It's the fault of this web site.

But my threads are fact based. It's just the responses that are bitter, angry and negative. Most comments have had nothing to do with the topics of my threads.

46Gopher,
My facts "flipped" because it didn't pay for me to be positive about Minnesota football on this web site. That's not my fault. It's the fault of this web site.

"All the mean people made me be mean." I swear to god, you just used the kind of defense a 3 year old would use.

Psychologically speaking, in order to facilitate change, this team must move from pre-contemplation, where there is no awareness of a need for change to a phase called contemplation, where the awareness is real. We have a need to change how we do things around here. From contemplation, we'll move through preparation, where we will enact a detailed plan to facilitate change. We are in the midst of the action phase, where Coach Klein is modifying behavior and adjusting attitudes to that of a winner. Once Coach Kill has got some wins and the attitude is taking hold, maintenance ensures the habits and attitudes of winning become a part of the psyche of the team.

How's that make y'all feel? Transtheoretical Model, baby.

+1

I think that he uses the Lou Holtz approach. When Holtz was here, and at Notre Dame, he always bemoaned his team. Holtz knew what he had, but he wanted to win every game in an upset. I'll bet that Jerry Kill uses the limitations as motivators and as a vehicle to temper fan expectations.

I think that he uses the Lou Holtz approach. When Holtz was here, and at Notre Dame, he always bemoaned his team. Holtz knew what he had, but he wanted to win every game in an upset. I'll bet that Jerry Kill uses the limitations as motivators and as a vehicle to temper fan expectations.

I actually was writing the same thing. Lowering the bar makes it look like we are making progress as well.

Top Bottom