Souhan: As outward flow of Minnesota basketball talent continues, we look inward to Ben Johnson

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Souhan:

As new Gophers men's basketball coach Ben Johnson sets up his University of Minnesota computer password ("NotPitino" is my guess), he faces two challenges as an inexperienced head coach whose strength should be recruiting Minnesota kids:

1. He needs to get more of the state's top recruits to stay home, and in this case "more" is synonymous with "any."

2. He needs to get a higher percentage of the state's recruits who will become quality four-year players, as opposed to the one-and-doners like Suggs. McKinley Wright, Dawson Garcia and Reid Travis belong in this category.

Go Gophers!!

Are all these guys sourcing gopher hole now? Maybe it's just a shama/souhan thing...

per Souhan:

As new Gophers men's basketball coach Ben Johnson sets up his University of Minnesota computer password ("NotPitino" is my guess), he faces two challenges as an inexperienced head coach whose strength should be recruiting Minnesota kids:

1. He needs to get more of the state's top recruits to stay home, and in this case "more" is synonymous with "any."

2. He needs to get a higher percentage of the state's recruits who will become quality four-year players, as opposed to the one-and-doners like Suggs. McKinley Wright, Dawson Garcia and Reid Travis belong in this category.

Go Gophers!!

No way. Someone give this man a trophy.

When Chet committed today, whose first thought wasn't "I wonder what college basketball expert Jim Souhan thinks of this?" Anyone? Anyone?

To say the Tom Crean experiment is off to a rough start in Athens would be a ridiculous understatement.

The former Indiana and Marquette men’s basketball coach has slightly improved the team’s record year-to-year from his disastrous first season at Georgia, but that’s not the problem here.

The problem is Crean was brought in to lock down the state of Georgia in basketball, or at least pluck a handful of in-state products from the likes of Auburn, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Alabama and others.

UGA Wire - article by Joe Vitale

Where was that energy when it came to Richard Pitino and recruiting the state of Minnesota?

Top Bottom