Sorry watching Duke - what ever happened to Hurt

holereader

Reaction score
He is not on the roster - he couldn't have graduated? Maybe the years passed me by

He is not on the roster - he couldn't have graduated? Maybe the years passed me by
After going undrafted in the 2021 NBA draft, Hurt signed a two-way contract with the Houston Rockets on August 13, 2021, splitting time with their G League affiliate, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.[24] However, he was waived on September 24, before training camp.[25] On October 14, Hurt signed with the Memphis Grizzlies,[26] but was waived two days later.[27] On October 23, he signed with the Memphis Hustle as an affiliate player.[28] Matthew Hurt suffered a season-ending injury according to the NBA G League's transaction page on January 24, 2022 and was no longer listed on the Memphis Hustle's roster on their website.

After going undrafted in the 2021 NBA draft, Hurt signed a two-way contract with the Houston Rockets on August 13, 2021, splitting time with their G League affiliate, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.[24] However, he was waived on September 24, before training camp.[25] On October 14, Hurt signed with the Memphis Grizzlies,[26] but was waived two days later.[27] On October 23, he signed with the Memphis Hustle as an affiliate player.[28] Matthew Hurt suffered a season-ending injury according to the NBA G League's transaction page on January 24, 2022 and was no longer listed on the Memphis Hustle's roster on their website.
Has he been spotted loitering on lower Hennepin Ave?🤔

Yeah it’s crazy. Could’ve been a great 4 year college player either at Duke or Minnesota. With NiL May have made the most money being a 4 year guy at Mn

He was one of the 99 former Duke players at Coach K’s last home game.

Yeah it’s crazy. Could’ve been a great 4 year college player either at Duke or Minnesota. With NiL May have made the most money being a 4 year guy at Mn
Yeah opting for 1 and done and ending up in Turkey or Germany type league in a couple years vs 4 year college star to build himself for NIL was a high risk mistake

Word on the street is Grayson Allen tripped him.

Yeah opting for 1 and done and ending up in Turkey or Germany type league in a couple years vs 4 year college star to build himself for NIL was a high risk mistake
And he could’ve gone to Europe after playing for the gophers. In fact, he would likely have been showcased more at MN

Is this a case where he had unrealistic sense of his abilities or was possibly told that he had reach the maximum level of development? In either case his brother, though not as talented did earn a college degree.

Is this a case where he had unrealistic sense of his abilities or was possibly told that he had reach the maximum level of development? In either case his brother, though not as talented did earn a college degree.
His dad thought he was going first round. I'd say unrealistic expectations.

His dad thought he was going first round. I'd say unrealistic expectations.
As did a bunch of experts. He ever really improved or grew from his junior year of high school. Arguably got slower

In his case I don’t think coach K did a very good job of player development. When I watched all he did was stand by the three point line.

Top Bottom