Some guy on ESPN radio just said

That or that there is no need to go out of your way to rip on a classy kid who happens to not be as good at basketball as you'd prefer.
He's actually not as good as even Pitino would prefer.

No. They already played their senior year. And new freshmen and coming in the fall. Rosters would be inflated and who wants to see Michael Hurt and Alihan Demir for another year.
I doubt it happens but if it does, my guess is the returning seniors would not count against the scholarship limit so having Hurt and Demir on the team wouldn't hurt.

I doubt it happens but if it does, my guess is the returning seniors would not count against the scholarship limit so having Hurt and Demir on the team wouldn't hurt.

Think about the logistics of this though. Some teams, like Wisconsin, are bringing in 5 freshmen. Are they really going to be allowed to play with a roster of 17 players?

Think about the logistics of this though. Some teams, like Wisconsin, are bringing in 5 freshmen. Are they really going to be allowed to play with a roster of 17 players?
That's why I don't think it will actually happen. But if they were to do it, that's the only way I see it kinda working.

Per Jeff Goodman, it's been approved for spring sports and still a possibility for winter sports.

I could see it happening in some fashion with roster exemptions. Probably would lead to more transfers and redshirting too. Letting or encouraging athletes stay in school longer, not a bad thing IMO.

Might it alter competitive balance? Sure. So what.

My first thought as well, cant think the incoming freshmen will be particularly pleased. As well, underclassmen who had hoped to move up the pecking order will find their way still blocked by returning seniors.

Life moves on. Seniors need to graduate and get a job. Another year of basketball isn't going to change things for them.

Would all these guys feel better if they were given a participant ribbon?
Do you EVER have anything positive to say about the team, players or coach? Or you just here to b!tch?

Not really, we have a losing program here. We were 9-11 last year, and 8-12 this year, and we just brought the guy back who has a hideous big 10 record.

So no, I really don't have much good to say!

Oh, and Hurt was classy like I said, but he did absolutely nothing on the court. I'm not a tree hugger sometimes. Sorry!

Last edited:

The ignore function works good to reduce the spam.

Top Bottom