So You're Sayin' There's A Chance Cory?

Reserve

Reaction score
Just had to link and copy part of Marcus Fuller's piece on Walker ..

Joseph, a McDonald's All-American point guard from Findlay Prep in Las Vegas is not expected to announce his college choice until sometime after Saturday's Jordan Brand Classic in New York. The younger brother of Gophers sophomore Devoe Joseph has a final list of five schools, including Minnesota, Texas, Villanova, Connecticut and Nevada-Las Vegas.

"I asked him (last week) that, if I decide to sign there, is it a possibility that you're going to come with me?" Walker said. "He said, 'Yeah, it's a possibility.' But he's still looking at other schools. I hope he chooses Minnesota. It would be great if we played with each other. That's how I started playing basketball. I started with him."

For my part at least I'd be ecstatic if Joseph signed here. I won't get myself worked up though waiting for a decision. If it happens it happens. If it doesn't? Well, best of luck to him them.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14882003?nclick_check=1

Why does everyone get this quote wrong? And everyone always says it the exact same wrong way. Everyone always thinks its - "So you're Sayin' there's a chance." It's not. It's even posted that way in the title of the youtube clip it quotes!!!! - and it wasn't the only one to use the same wrong phrase!!! Mind boggling.

Please use the correct quote from now on. It bothers me.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fcGj57cQIeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fcGj57cQIeg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Why does everyone get this quote wrong? And everyone always says it the exact same wrong way. Everyone always thinks its - "So you're Sayin' there's a chance." It's not. It's even posted that way in the title of the youtube clip it quotes!!!! - and it wasn't the only one to use the same wrong phrase!!! Mind boggling.

So you're sayin' I shouldn't post it that way?

So you're sayin' that everyone gets that quote wrong?

So you're sayin' that it bothers you?

Tough shi-t.

Just sayin'

:D

It's just so weird to me that:

- So many people know exactly what the quote is referring to - the actor that said it, the movie, everything. It is a very recognizable quote.
- So many people mis-quote it (not that weird I guess, it happens)

Here's the weird part - So many people mis-quote it THE EXACT SAME WAY. That is the part that is so fascinating to me.

I guess it's just some quirky thing with our society. I mean, think about it - just as an example, you have people who obviously know the scene and quote well-enough to want to post it on youtube, yet many STILL post it with the exact same wrong title - despite the quote being in the clip they are posting.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is really unusual.

Please use the correct quote from now on. It bothers me.

What are the odds you could be more anal retentive about a movie quote, 1 in a million?

So, you're saying there's a chance!:cool:

What are the odds you could be more anal retentive about a movie quote, 1 in a million?

I don't see what's anal retentive about enjoying factual accuracy, especially regarding quotes. Since quotes are, you know, exact statements by definition.

I mean, who can forget all of these great quotes?:

"I possess a physiological subconscious thought during sleep." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Don't ask what your arbitrarily-defined geographical region can do for you. Go ahead and ask what you can do for your arbitrarily-defined geographical region." - John F. Kennedy, Jr.

"87 years ago, give or take..." - Abraham Lincoln

LOL @ dpodoll

I can't lie, I've always wondered the same thing with that quote. Never thought enough to make a post, but I can't hate on the guy for doing it, it's a valid point lol.

As far as Cory goes, hope the guy comes here, I actually feel like we got a decent shot with our connections here, but I won't be surprised either way he goes really.

SO YOU'RE TELLING ME THERE'S A CHANCE.

Hopefully, its better than one in a million.

The "quote" wasn't in quotation marks so it wasn't necesarily a direct quote form anything. The point was made and that is really what's important.

I don't see what's anal retentive about enjoying factual accuracy, especially regarding quotes. Since quotes are, you know, exact statements by definition.

LMAO because that says it all.

Brutal thread -- Love the GH offseason.

Here's what I think of the thread!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5x4hfNQnOY&feature=related
dumb-and-dumber.jpg

Am I the only one that noticed the Texas and UCF logos added in this clip? Does anyone know the background of this? Is it reference to UT giving UCF a home game (they did) or in reference to UCF's chances of winning said game (they almost did). I assume it's one or the other.

Top Bottom