So who do we hire?

I think Brew is trying to avoid the noose, not slip it on willfully.

Maybe I missed it but.......

What about Josh Heupel? If my memory serves me correct his name was mentioned b/4 the Fisch hire last year. If that falls out I guess we could go after Norm Chow haha

What about Josh Heupel? If my memory serves me correct his name was mentioned b/4 the Fisch hire last year.

Obviously he already shot us down, he's not going to change his mind now. Maybe we can get his dad Ken Heupel :rolleyes:. I'm not sure where he is these days (he was at Northern State when Josh was in HS), but I suspect coaching DII somewhere. I'm not sure that that's where Josh learned his offense though.

The last thing Tim Brewster is going to do is bring someone in with better credentials than him...i.e. a successful BCS head coach.

Not after the Roof fiasco. By all accounts Roof promised he'd fulfill his contract, then Auburn came calling...:eek: Ironically the Gophers Defense, arguably, had a much better season then Auburn's.

That being said I'd like to see Kragthorpe or J.D. Brookhart get a crack at it.:banghead:

Zorn has a degree. It took him awhile, including taking classes at the University of Minnesota, but he finally got it.

Huh, I stand corrected. Just goes to show, never believe what you read on this board. Especially don't believe it if you've got a crazy article about Jim Zorn and metal casting.

Do we go after an experienced retread, like Cosgrove, or another up and comer, like Fisch?

How bout going after a highly succesful high school coach in an area we heavily recruit, like TX or FL?

Stupid idea or brilliant?

Well if we are forced to reach and groom a guy, Tim Salem should be in the mix. He could co OC with Davis. My guess is he'd be much more open to keeping the bulk of the current offense. The other plus is that Salem could help recruit Ohio and Florida. With that said, I'd much rather have a guy like Zorn or Heupel though if possible. http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/salem_tim00.html

Mike Grant? Calling plays? Really? Have you ever watched EP football? They run about 6 plays. They win because they have 10,000 kids.

At least the playbook would be miniscule.

I can't stop laughing at the thought of it.

Let's pray that whoever is brought in can get Weber back on track. We need someone to get his confidence back. Convince him that it wasn't all his fault but rather the previous OC (whether that is accurate or not). Not expecting it, but one can hope!

Kragthorpe is appealing, but seems like we'd be a stepping stone back to a head coaching position.

Top Bottom